Sooooo...what's the next phone you are going to get?

muscle682

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll patiently wait for the Note 10 as my main device. In the mean time I'll pickup the Essential Ph2 when it drops. Currently love my Essential Ph1 and Note 8

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to "hopefully" a Razer 2. I currently use the Razer and really enjoying it. I will take a look at the next Note.

ad47uk

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I only had my phone for a few months, so not really into buying a new phone for a few years, I tend to keep my phones going for as long as i can.

My one worry is that by the time I change phones, the dreaded notch will be on the majority of phones, maybe i should buy another new phone now and keep it in storage.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I only had my phone for a few months, so not really into buying a new phone for a few years, I tend to keep my phones going for as long as i can.

My one worry is that by the time I change phones, the dreaded notch will be on the majority of phones, maybe i should buy another new phone now and keep it in storage.

By the time you’re ready I am guessing they’ll have figured out the notch situation to a full screen phone. If it’s going to be a few years.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I like making my phones last as long as possible as well; especially because I like using them as backups when I eventually get a new phone.

L_Wolf_78

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Given how my A5 has been aside from the updates, think maybe the A8 which is basically an upgrade itself from my current while allowing me to see if I care about some of the newest features only for the S8 & up

raykay999

May 18, 2018
Visit site
Nokia all the way - they're constantly working on updates and Nokia phones are rock solid, quality built. Specifically, the Nokia 7plus because it can already get Android P today!!

HotFix

May 13, 2018
Visit site
What about the OnePlus 6? I just looked at the review and it seems pretty decent. I just don't know if they get the updates.

I was getting excited about it until I saw single (non-stereo) speaker, no SD card slot, and a couple of other issues/limitations compared to the Axon 7. I started losing excitement at that point.

It's also another Chinese company that for all I know will get caught in a trade war between the US and China. Not that it will happen, just something else to consider when making a choice for the next 2 years.

Last edited:

HotFix

May 13, 2018
Visit site
Let us know what else you are considering!

I went by Best Buy to look at phones and the Galaxy S9+ is just a hair bigger than the Axon 7, but it's Samsung with their bloat and skin, not to mention spotty updates.

There weren't many other recent phones there to look at which I was surprised at, so the hunt goes on I guess.

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Waiting on the Asus Zenfone 5z. Stereo speakers, better camera, I'm sold. Just waiting on it to become available in America

HotFix

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I went by Best Buy to look at phones and the Galaxy S9+ is just a hair bigger than the Axon 7, but it's Samsung with their bloat and skin, not to mention spotty updates.

There weren't many other recent phones there to look at which I was surprised at, so the hunt goes on I guess.

My Axon 7 broke so I sent it to ZTE for repair. After sitting on it for almost a month, they sent it back to me as "unrepairable" (after I pestered them about it), even though they emailed me saying they repaired it and updated the software. At no time did they contact me via email or phone to give me the option to replace it with a refurbished unit which I would have done until I could figure out my next move.
I called them and sat on the phone for a total of 2 hours to find out what happened and to get a refurbished unit. They more or less said they "dropped the ball" (you think?!?!), and would put me in the "VIP queue" to take my credit card information. After over 5 minutes of circular discussion the "VIP" person said they would sit on an advanced return amount of $400 (for a phone I bought a year ago new for less than that) for 30 days, even if I re-returned the phone they just sent back in a week. That would be on top of the refurbished unit charge of $79... I told them they could stick it in their ear at that point, because sitting on money for weeks when you already have the returned unit because of "policy" is just bull... I also nicely (not) thanked them for wasting a month of my time waiting for them to repair something they didn't repair, returning it w/o giving me the option to replace it, and then making me sit on hold so they could sit on my money for a month (when I have no idea if they will be operating in the US in a month).

I'm currently leaning towards either the LG G7 or the Sony Xperia XZ2 (compact or regular), because I want stereo speakers, some form of IP rating, SD card support, etc... I just need to get to a store and play with them to see which one works better, and hopefully I can get an Amazon prime deal discount or maybe some deal through BestBuy.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If it weren't for the duplicate apps that you can't remove and Bixby, I'd love a Note 9. For the moment, I'm waiting on the Pixel 3 XL if I handle the "notch."

HotFix

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I ended up getting the LG V35 via Amazon's Prime Day super discount, but now I am second guessing myself because apparently no one makes cases for it and its just different enough that the V30 cases aren't good fits. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol