Oreo update question

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read as well as chat with support, the version 8 update for the Axon 7 is available but not OTA. Looking at the instructions they state it must be downloaded to your "PC" then moved to the microSD card to be sideloaded. I have an iMac so I have to assume I won't be able to do this procedure, correct?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
"PC" would be a general term to refer to a computer. As long as you have the hardware to write to the card you should be able to do it.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
"PC" would be a general term to refer to a computer. As long as you have the hardware to write to the card you should be able to do it.

My iMac has USB slots available though I guess I'd need to get a device to insert the microSD card so I can move the update to the card :)

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
A cheap usb card reader/writer will do the trick. If you have a SD card slot you can also get an adaptor for micro SD cards.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, it's just the beta version from earlier in the year with July's security patch.
Mine is at their repair facility, but can anyone confirm the build on it?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
A cheap usb card reader/writer will do the trick. If you have a SD card slot you can also get an adaptor for micro SD cards.

Thanks again..however not sure if you've noticed but over in XDA the members are saying the Oreo update is identical to the beta and has bugs. I watched a YouTube video by this phone guy who shows the installation and claims the Axon 7 is faster and smoother with the update. Have you installed it?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Anytime you factory reset your phone, you will always feel it is faster and smoother in the first couple days. As you install more junks on your phone, it will be slower and slower.

The update will factory reset your phone and erase everything.