horrible signal strength

Jcblack3310

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday and noticed that with AT&T that my strength of signal on Wi-Fi and LTE is usually 2 bars lower than my honor 5x. Anyone else have this issue?

The phone losses signal altogether at times so I'm hoping an update can fix this.

Posted via the Android Central App

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This may be a silly question, but did you have the same carrier for your other device, and the signal strength was better for that specific device?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I would contact your provider to see if they can do anything about it on their end; especially if other devices in the home under the same provider have good signal strength.

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine shows slightly worse, but connections and speeds were better and more consistent than with my Moto X Pure.

The Moto X Pure wouldn't switch to HSPA+ unless I made a phone call or forced it to switch. This phone will switch every so often.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday and noticed that with AT&T that my strength of signal on Wi-Fi and LTE is usually 2 bars lower than my honor 5x. Anyone else have this issue?

The phone losses signal altogether at times so I'm hoping an update can fix this.

Don't use bars as your measure, go to your settings-status and look for your signal strength and measure with dbm numbers, in this case shown as -###, obviously lower is better because is a negative number.

Carrier phones has historically shown to show more bars on their phones compared to non-carrier phones but when you check the signal strength they are most of the times the same.

BUT, there may be some radios issues, so if signal strength is indeed worse, just ask for a replacement.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
It is true that the A7 has signal issues. Mine is consistently several dbs lower than my other phones. It also bounces around a lot. Thiis, and wifi issues, have been noted by many users on ZTE's Axon forums.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It is true that the A7 has signal issues. Mine is consistently several dbs lower than my other phones. It also bounces around a lot. Thiis, and wifi issues, have been noted by many users on ZTE's Axon forums.

You should say, some A7 has signal issues, and not, A7 has signal users, that little world means a ton of difference and can stop misinformation to spread as a fact.

Yes, some people has mentioned this and I've mentioned to them just ask for a replacement but not ALL have experiencing this, maybe a problem with some batches, but so far doesn't seems to be that bad, it still under the acceptable range, if it keeps happening then it may become a real issue.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Unless I missed something, I haven't seen one person or credible reviewer mention any issues with dropped calls or voice quality on either end.
I just downloaded and installed "Network Signal Info" from the Playstore on both my Axon 7 and Galaxy S7 Active. I turned off Wi-Fi on both phones. The S7 showed a percentage of 50% , LTE, and a strength of -101 dBm. The Axon 7 showed a percentage of 46% and a strength of -110 dBm. I then reconnected WiFi. Wifi strength on the S7 was -40 dBm and a speed of 144 Mbps. The Axon 7 showed a Wifi strength of -38 dBm and also a speed of 144 Mbps. Yes, there is a difference, but not enough to cause any issues I would think.I ran speedtest.net on both phones and the result was nearly identical. It might be an issue for some users depending on their carrier and cell tower location, but honestly I see no problem here.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Unless I missed something, I haven't seen one person or credible reviewer mention any issues with dropped calls or voice quality on either end.
I just downloaded and installed "Network Signal Info" from the Playstore on both my Axon 7 and Galaxy S7 Active. I turned off Wi-Fi on both phones. The S7 showed a percentage of 50% , LTE, and a strength of -101 dBm. The Axon 7 showed a percentage of 46% and a strength of -110 dBm. I then reconnected WiFi. Wifi strength on the S7 was -40 dBm and a speed of 144 Mbps. The Axon 7 showed a Wifi strength of -38 dBm and also a speed of 144 Mbps. Yes, there is a difference, but not enough to cause any issues I would think.I ran speedtest.net on both phones and the result was nearly identical. It might be an issue for some users depending on their carrier and cell tower location, but honestly I see no problem here.

I have read of the problem in the ZTE Axon forum.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I checked signal strengths and the Axon was within 1db of my S6. No complaints here. It also clocked higher download speeds over wifi and lte.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol