Capacitive Buttons

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, trying to hit the back key last night while driving in the dark was an exercise in frustration. Poor design decision.

javyn

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping muscle memory makes this a non-issue for me in time. But yeah, also, the buttons are very small. I have small hands so it doesn't bother me, but I imagine someone with bigger hands will have real problems with this.

JasonBourne

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, trying to hit the back key last night while driving in the dark was an exercise in frustration. Poor design decision.
This!! At night, in your car is a frustrating experience with an Axon 7. It's a shame really. The phone is absolutely awesome in so many ways except for THIS!

bovcrx

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
They just need to update sw to add on-screen buttons. I'm holding on for that. This phone is legit at the price point

javyn

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Maybe there will be an easy toggle you can stick a shortcut on the home screen for the on screen buttons. Yeah, wishful thinking I know heheh.

Buttons are slightly problematic for me while driving, but honestly 90% of my driving frustrations are due to poor app UI design.

bovcrx

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
It would bother me a little, but it would make it so much easier to use in the dark. Still happy with the purchase no matter what. I used to buy expensive phones, but this phone will be my benchmark now on MKBHD's 5 pillars of a great smartphone.