My axon 7 review

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Axon 7 this weekend. I'd been scoping it out for a while and finally pulled the trigger. Best Buy matched B and H price of $350 so I was sold.

I'm coming from a Zenfone 2 which is nice and speedy, but lacks some of the cool features of the A 7. So far I am very happy overall with my choice.

Only thing I wish it had was a more features built into the phone and messaging app. Mainly would like to have a "Block caller" etc option. Ironically I can download the Asus Dialer that I'm used to and load it to the A7, which works for me.

bubbasworld

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I very happy with the Axon 7. Also I must say the Audio Quality ist pretty good. The speakers with Dolby are pretty impressive.
By headphones I must say only over Super settings it is really good. Dolby with like the Audio-Technica ATH M50x sucks.
I have the LG V10 also. Like by the Bayerdynamic DT 770 LE 32 Ohm the Axon have not enough power. Here is the LG V10 louder after you trigger the high gain mode. Both phones sound pretty equal with their special dac and amp.
I have the global version of the Axon 7 with firmware B09.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys just received my Axon 7 6gb ram version with 128gb and force touch.. Just 2nd day with it.. So far lovin it...

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the Axon 7 during black Fri/Christmas sale at a very good price. I was using it as my main daily driver for almost two weeks and I decided to return the phone. Overall, the Axon 7 is really nice, signal was good, sq was good, worked with project fi. Built quality was really good. The only few problems I have with the phone is: The Axon 7 randomly reboot itself. it happened more than 5 times while I had the phone. the second issue is: I occasionally had to repair bluetooth devices, I don't really know why? All I know is the device was no longer paired and I just had to repair it. Those were the two issues I have during the two weeks. The BT repairing doesn't bother me much.. The reboot does. 2 out of the 5 reboots was while I am in the meeting; the other was just random reboot for no reason. I hope these issues don't happen to anyone else.

huntnyc

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Axon 7 during black Fri/Christmas sale at a very good price. I was using it as my main daily driver for almost two weeks and I decided to return the phone. Overall, the Axon 7 is really nice, signal was good, sq was good, worked with project fi. Built quality was really good. The only few problems I have with the phone is: The Axon 7 randomly reboot itself. it happened more than 5 times while I had the phone. the second issue is: I occasionally had to repair bluetooth devices, I don't really know why? All I know is the device was no longer paired and I just had to repair it. Those were the two issues I have during the two weeks. The BT repairing doesn't bother me much.. The reboot does. 2 out of the 5 reboots was while I am in the meeting; the other was just random reboot for no reason. I hope these issues don't happen to anyone else.
If you live in US you could have exchanged the phone under warranty with no cost to you.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Own an Axon 7? Congratulations

You own one of the best smartphones of 2016. To be honest, I believe this phone will take its owners 2 years plus as long as ZTE affords timely updates. Over the last year, I've had an lg v10, galaxy s6 edge, galaxy S7 EDGE, a pixel,and my A7. The best of the bunch, all around, without question is the axon7. It's got just about the whole shebang that anyone would want in a phone. The only thing it didn't have was the ridiculous high price of other phones.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Own an Axon 7? Congratulations

You own one of the best smartphones of 2016. To be honest, I believe this phone will take its owners 2 years plus as long as ZTE affords timely updates. Over the last year, I've had an lg v10, galaxy s6 edge, galaxy S7 EDGE, a pixel,and my A7. The best of the bunch, all around, without question is the axon7. It's got just about the whole shebang that anyone would want in a phone. The only thing it didn't have was the ridiculous high price of other phones.

The only this I wish this phone had was to take better pictures (that came close to my S6 Edge+ or Note 7)...back lit navigation buttons would be sweet as well....other than those two items, I love everything else on the Axon 7....

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
The only this I wish this phone had was to take better pictures (that came close to my S6 Edge+ or Note 7)...back lit navigation buttons would be sweet as well....other than those two items, I love everything else on the Axon 7....

I have got use to non lit buttons... But day light pics are very good... It suffers in low light pics... I sold s7 edge to get Axon 7...very happy with it

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have got use to non lit buttons... But day light pics are very good... It suffers in low light pics... I sold s7 edge to get Axon 7...very happy with it

Day pics are good but they are not as sharp as the Samsung cameras and the color doesn't seem as deep or pops like the Samsung...

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I notice I haven't seen anyone mention call quality or connectivity either. Curious how the7 fares compared to others in this area as well as whether it has NFC for Android Pay etc. Thanks

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I notice I haven't seen anyone mention call quality or connectivity either. Curious how the7 fares compared to others in this area as well as whether it has NFC for Android Pay etc. Thanks

My call quality is great..clear and loud..no issues here...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad you are loving your Axon 7, OP! Also, thank you for adding how great the audio quality is. That is something I look for in a mobile device. I'm really excited about the Axon 8 ( or whatever the next iteration will be), and so knowing about the 7 is paramount. :)

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad you are loving your Axon 7, OP! Also, thank you for adding how great the audio quality is. That is something I look for in a mobile device. I'm really excited about the Axon 8 ( or whatever the next iteration will be), and so knowing about the 7 is paramount. :)

I'm still a firm believer in this phone. The only issue I had was the setting of the automatic do not disturb mode. My A7 would shut down at the appropriate time, but wouldn't go back on at the scheduled time the next morning. ZTE fixed this issue with the update this week. So all is well now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech