monthly security and OS updates

Drew Oswalt

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Debating on this or BlackBerry DTEK60. Both seem like they have good stereo speakers. I like the screen size and ability to use a sd card. I don't care about the price difference. What I really care about to OS and security updates. Which is why my last 2 devices have been Nexus ones. I do not want a pixel.

Any way, BlackBerry takes care of monthlies really well. I'm wondering how ZTE is with the Axon 7?

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure you already know the answer... If you care about security and don't want a Pixel, the BlackBerry will be your only choice. OS upgrades might be a little slower but they already have the track record for keeping up with the monthlies.

For what it's worth, my Axon Pro (that ZTE was committed to keeping current last year) is sitting on the April security patch which was the last time it got any type of update. Just sayin'

Drew Oswalt

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'll wait a couple months and revisit this. I want to hang onto my BlackBerry Passport as my email handler for a bit longer before I transfer it's duties to a new device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance