Thinking about getting a Axon 7, or should I wait now?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all,

I've watched several reviews on the Axon 7 and now I'm thinking about getting one. My question is, should I now wait since the Axon 8 isn't too far from being released? I want to make the right decision and wanted to get some major feedback as to what I should do. The 7 seems like a awesome device but if the 8 is not too far off, would I be making a mistake not waiting now? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Does anyone know or heard when the 8 will be released? The 7 appears to be a heck of a device but I don't want to waste money if the 7 is about to go on sale pretty soon. I'm not sure what I should do. Help!!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh and I forgot to ask. How's the battery life on the 7? If you are fully charged on average how long throughout the day can you go before you need to get it on a charger. Currently I have the BlackBerry PRIV and it seems to eat through battery life pretty quickly. Luckily it doesn't take long to recharge it but if I'm going to be somewhere all day I don't want to have to worry my phone will die. Does the 7 get you guys through an entire day no problem?

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I would get it now you can always sell it 200 or so towards the new phone. I don't think the new phone will be that big of a difference from this one actually. It's a great phone I just bought it at the beginning of the month. Battery life is great with heavy usage I can squeeze about 7 - 8 hours with light or medium usage can get roughly 12 or so hours.

There's battery saving options like the ultra battery saver mode that can push it to last even longer

I'm a heavy Fb and instagram user and Fb is a bigbattery drain so if u don't use Fb u can expect longer battery life

Also the phone has quick charge 3.0 so even if u get low on battery it recharges fast roughly 60% in 30 mins

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I would get it now you can always sell it 200 or so towards the new phone. I don't think the new phone will be that big of a difference from this one actually. It's a great phone I just bought it at the beginning of the month. Battery life is great with heavy usage I can squeeze about 7 - 8 hours with light or medium usage can get roughly 12 or so hours.

There's battery saving options like the ultra battery saver mode that can push it to last even longer

I'm a heavy Fb and instagram user and Fb is a bigbattery drain so if u don't use Fb u can expect longer battery life

Also the phone has quick charge 3.0 so even if u get low on battery it recharges fast roughly 60% in 30 mins
Thanks man. I'm highly considering picking one up. It seems like it's a top notch device all the way around. Do you by chance know when the 8 is supposed to be released? Just wondering because as soon as it does the 7 will go on sale and I don't want to spend $400 and then a month later it drop to $299 on me. I don't have to have the 8 either. The 7 is plenty of phone but I don't want to sell myself short if I can save $100 dollars that is if the 8 is about to be released. Anyone heard or know?

Sent from my STV100-1 using AC Forums mobile app

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks man. I'm highly considering picking one up. It seems like it's a top notch device all the way around. Do you by chance know when the 8 is supposed to be released? Just wondering because as soon as it does the 7 will go on sale and I don't want to spend $400 and then a month later it drop to $299 on me. I don't have to have the 8 either. The 7 is plenty of phone but I don't want to sell myself short if I can save $100 dollars that is if the 8 is about to be released. Anyone heard or know?

Sent from my STV100-1 using AC Forums mobile app
If I'm not mistaken the 7 was released last July so I would look for news of a new phone around July or August

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken the 7 was released last July so I would look for news of a new phone around July or August
I may hold off then and wait and check out the Axon 8 or then buy the Axon 7 on sale. Once the 8 hits the 7 will drop. Thanks for the heads up on that.

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
There is some talk going around that the 8 might be only incrementally better. But it is only talk. I will be highly disappointed it that is true.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
There is some talk going around that the 8 might be only incrementally better. But it is only talk. I will be highly disappointed it that is true.
From what I've seen of the 7 they are really going to have to do something special as the 7 appears to be one heck of a device. I know it will have the 835 processor so that's a plus already. I still may yet get the 7 but I'm not sure yet. I want to see more about the 8 first.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Im still very tempted to get the 7 even though the 8 is around the corner. Amazon has the color I want for 369 dollars. That's a pretty good price.

LeKeiser

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the A7 and just got the new OnePlus 5. I can tell you that the A7 is far from being outdated. It's still very much competitive compared to all the new phones coming out now. And sometimes superior. The display and the sound of the A7 is still the best out there. The stereo speakers are impressive, really. Changes the way you listen to songs when you use them, and it's the same with movies. The O+5 has only one speaker, and... well it's nice but nothing compared to the A7. The QHD display is fantastic too.
The processor is still blazingly fast, some lags here and there but I guess it's because of the applications, not the phone.
The rest of the hardware is also still competitive. 4GB RAM is enough and the storage + microSD adequate.

The only downside I think is the community around the A7. It's there, but it's way less than the one of OnePlus. When you have a problem, it takes longer to find a way to fix it, when you can. The updates are a bit of a hassle to get and to install. You have to know what you're doing. And you're not alway up to date... Security wise, I think my A7 is not at its best.
The OS is "almost" Android Stock, so it's good.

So yes, you can get an A7, it's still one of my favorite phone around. I'm keeping it aside the O+5 so I can make a clear choice. But it's going to be a hard one...

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the A7 and just got the new OnePlus 5. I can tell you that the A7 is far from being outdated. It's still very much competitive compared to all the new phones coming out now. And sometimes superior. The display and the sound of the A7 is still the best out there. The stereo speakers are impressive, really. Changes the way you listen to songs when you use them, and it's the same with movies. The O+5 has only one speaker, and... well it's nice but nothing compared to the A7. The QHD display is fantastic too.
The processor is still blazingly fast, some lags here and there but I guess it's because of the applications, not the phone.
The rest of the hardware is also still competitive. 4GB RAM is enough and the storage + microSD adequate.

The only downside I think is the community around the A7. It's there, but it's way less than the one of OnePlus. When you have a problem, it takes longer to find a way to fix it, when you can. The updates are a bit of a hassle to get and to install. You have to know what you're doing. And you're not alway up to date... Security wise, I think my A7 is not at its best.
The OS is "almost" Android Stock, so it's good.

So yes, you can get an A7, it's still one of my favorite phone around. I'm keeping it aside the O+5 so I can make a clear choice. But it's going to be a hard one...
Very well written. I appreciate that and your time. The one plus 5 is an impressive device too. It's not cheap either. If you place the Axon 7 up there with it then I'll most likely get one. I was going to wait for the Axon 8 but after your very well written post I think I will go ahead and opt for the 7 now. We'll done and thank you for your time and response.