How is Axon Pro on Marshmellow

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased an Axon Pro. Should be getting it tomorrow. Anyone running it on Marshmellow? How's it treating you?

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been using mine with Marshmallow for about a week. No issues at all but to tell the truth, I'm not really noticing much difference from Lollipop, which is fine as it ran well on that. I can't give any idea if doze is working as my phone hasn't been set down for very long this past week and when it is resting overnight, it's plugged in.

Last edited:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just ordered the Axon Pro 64gig very much on impulse which isn't typical for me. Seems the device is very well speced out for the money but I'm amazed at how there isn't much forum talk about this model. That concerns me now. Hmm

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the Axon Pro 64gig very much on impulse which isn't typical for me. Seems the device is very well speced out for the money but I'm amazed at how there isn't much forum talk about this model. That concerns me now. Hmm

I'd say the Pro may not have sold as well so not many have it compared to the A7.

ZTE doesn't seem like a real popular brand even though the phones are nice.

Also Newegg is selling the gold 64 gig for $249.00 right now.
Newegg charges tax in CA though.

I'm thinking about the V8 Blade Pro myself as a cheap extra phone.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'd say the Pro may not have sold as well so not many have it compared to the A7.

ZTE doesn't seem like a real popular brand even though the phones are nice.

Also Newegg is selling the gold 64 gig for $249.00 right now.
Newegg charges tax in CA though.

I'm thinking about the V8 Blade Pro myself as a cheap extra phone.
I looked at that one too. Actually I considered the Axon 7 but when I saw the strong paper specs of this pro model I went for it. What is it about this device real world performance that doesn't fair well with users? I just watched a video review from someone who posted the link and the review made it sound as such this device just wasn't very good. Was it bc when it was originally released its retail price was around $600 and now that one can grab this model in a 64g for $275 like I did does that mean it's definitely worth the value now?

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I looked at that one too. Actually I considered the Axon 7 but when I saw the strong paper specs of this pro model I went for it. What is it about this device real world performance that doesn't fair well with users? I just watched a video review from someone who posted the link and the review made it sound as such this device just wasn't very good. Was it bc when it was originally released its retail price was around $600 and now that one can grab this model in a 64g for $275 like I did does that mean it's definitely worth the value now?

Probably better to let someone answer that has had the Pro...

One thing I do know is those Qualcomm 810 processors were clocked down due to running warm.

The A7 I have is one speedy phone.
Based on my experience with it ZTE has come around in a good way.

Have fun with that Pro!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Probably better to let someone answer that has had the Pro...

One thing I do know is those Qualcomm 810 processors were clocked down due to running warm.

The A7 I have is one speedy phone.
Based on my experience with it ZTE has come around in a good way.

Have fun with that Pro!
I hope so bc on paper the stated specs are that of a quite high end phone which for these type specs I'd definitely expect to see a price much higher then $275. I feel confident I know my tech pretty well. Doesn't mean I don't learn more every day but seriously, what am I and thouzands and thousands missing here on this value vs flagship type specs? 64gigs, 4gs of Ram, upper end fast processor even if it gets hot, above 1080p screen resolution and a well above average sound system all for $275. I've got to be missing something terribly obvious as on paper this price of $275 for what you get is a definite no brainer and unbelievable good value. What am I and so many others missing here that would make this a tough decision at this price vs what flagship type specs you get from this device? Beleive me if I get it and I immediately see that it's not performing to its paper specs then I'll know and if will be returned. I'm just wondering why I feel like I'm the only only one who thinks at $275 this is one of the best deals on the current market. ?????

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently on second update and this one is taking me to 6.0. Sound about right for this device. So far the phone seems well laid out and is fast. Im still updating and will check back after all my updates finish.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm still updating. This has taken most of the afternoon. Lots of updates. So far from me downloading all my typical apps which went lightning fast to the sound and performance, for $275 this is one of the best deals on the mobile market. Why people aren't jumping on this is beyond me. It's not a perfect phone but a flagship spec device for $275, I've not seen a better deal than this.

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
You said your phone is now up to date. What security patch are you on? ZTE didn't "officially" state they were cutting off support but when the most recent update has been that long ago, well, you kind of assume. One of the mods on the ZTE community forums made a post that could be taken to mean there might be another update to come without actually saying it.

FYI, you were asking about the original price. It was in the $450 range but they quickly dropped it to $350 for a couple of sales. I picked it up for that price the week after Thanksgiving in 2015.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
You said your phone is now up to date. What security patch are you on? ZTE didn't "officially" state they were cutting off support but when the most recent update has been that long ago, well, you kind of assume. One of the mods on the ZTE community forums made a post that could be taken to mean there might be another update to come without actually saying it.

FYI, you were asking about the original price. It was in the $450 range but they quickly dropped it to $350 for a couple of sales. I picked it up for that price the week after Thanksgiving in 2015.
I called ZTE and they told me that April 2016 was their last update as it's been deemed an end of like phone. I've yet to decide if I'll return it as it's a very good device. Only think it truly lacks is a finger print sensor. Other than that it's all around a very good device. I just hate knowing their will be no more update support on the phone that at times fixes minor glitches or improves features and performance. However at $275, I may can live with that. What I really wanted was the Huawei Mate 9 which I use an Honor 8 as my daily phone and my secondary phone I like to have a larger screen. I'm a huge Huawei Honor fan as their hybrid software is the best interface experience I've tested and I've been through almost all the flagships. With the Honor 8 being a flagship spec phone for around $350 I found it very hard to pay $599 for the Mate 9 which is what lead me to get this Axon Pro as on paper and now since I've tested it, real world too the specs are very much supported. Just being a dead model does bother me some so I'm unsure at the moment whether I'll keep or return. What ever I do I can definitely verify the device is a good solid high end phone and I'm quite surprised at the terrible success this phone had. The Axon 7 seems to be doing well but this phone hardly even sold and for sure didn't to the masses. Only a very small percentage of people even gave this phone a chance but I'm just not certain why really after I have used it couple days now. Tough decision I have to keep or return it.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
This phone is now $200 on Newegg sale ends today or 2/16 I think. I was thinking about it, but if it is end of life with no Android 7, I will wait to see what else comes down the line.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
This phone is now $200 on Newegg sale ends today or 2/16 I think. I was thinking about it, but if it is end of life with no Android 7, I will wait to see what else comes down the line.

I saw this today as well and am contemplating getting one to replace my Galaxy S3 which hasn't had an update since Kit Kat 4.2.2. Other than the weight, this seems like an amazing deal for the 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage out the door for $215 (incl CA tax)...What say you gang?