How do i make it badass?

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
With some help from guys on this forum I was able to finally install CM7 with google apps and market on my Nook Color. I thought I was done, but clearly there is still work to be done. I have several issues:

1. Videos do not work. Not from Youtube or anything I try to stream online. I see the pictures change if I fast forward manually, but the video will not play.

2. Some games from the app market do not work. I get the black load screen and then it just goes back to home. I have not encountered this problem with other, less demanding apps.

3. Sometimes when I play Angry Birds there will be a lag, like on my iPod. I have seen nook's on youtube that run everything smoothly.

All this leads me to believe that I have to download a variety of updates that will fix these issues. I am no techie so I need some pointers. How do I make my nook color running CM7 a bad ass device? What are the best upgrades, where do I find them, and how do I install them?

I bought my nook a month ago and it had the blue dot on it. I am running the latest CM7 nightly and the new 1 gb CWR. I did the partition and reformatting. I have no overclock kernel since I did not know if I would really need it.

Thank you for all your contributions guys,
NookOnSteroids

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you overclocked? CM7 has a built in overclock to about 987 I believe it is but if you really want it to kick some trash use the Overclock kernel

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So I need some clarification on the overclock topic. If I overclock it, it will run smoother. Do I run it like that sometimes? All the time? Do I risk any damage in this process, software or hardware? Forgive the noobie, but I am unfamiliar with this topic. Also, what of the video playback? Are there plug-ins that I need? I installed flash from the market but it did not seem to make a difference. Do I need to activate it somehow? It seemed like it installed itself. And are there similar plug ins or drivers for Apps?

Thanks

moshe5368

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
NoS, the overclock rom you want is dalengrin's 06/18 . You can find it in the sticky area. (Sorry, still have trouble placing links in my posts). Also download nook tweeks as this opens up possibalities for usb host mode and better bluetooth access. With the OC rom, you can set the steps for your clock speed (mine are 300,600,800,1000,1300) and the rom will step to these speeds on demand. The 1300 mHz speed gives quadrant scores about 3 times that of a stock nook color so, yep, it rocks. There should be no hardware issues with this overclock but if 1300 seems to cause force close issues or reboots, step the speed back a bit to 1200 or 1250. Individule results vary but this rom will make your nook a device of envy for all your friends.
As to the video issues, not sure what to tell you as I have never experienced any trouble with youtube or web sites using flash. Perhaps someone better versed in those areas might be able to assist you.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So I need some clarification on the overclock topic. If I overclock it, it will run smoother. Do I run it like that sometimes? All the time? Do I risk any damage in this process, software or hardware? Forgive the noobie, but I am unfamiliar with this topic. Also, what of the video playback? Are there plug-ins that I need? I installed flash from the market but it did not seem to make a difference. Do I need to activate it somehow? It seemed like it installed itself. And are there similar plug ins or drivers for Apps?

Thanks

Being that the nook processor is has been undercolocked from 1Ghz. You shouldn't have any problems with hardware or software if stay in the 1Ghz to 1.2Ghz range 1.3 while faster might decrease the life of the nook.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy