Overclocking CM7 on SD Card, and a few other Q's

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I know that you can now get to 1300mhz on CM7 with Dalingrin's Kernel. But all the links I try seem to be broken. How can I gut the kernel, and when I do get it, how do I switch to it? Sorry for so many questions. Also, other then getting a new SD Card (I thought Class 10 was the best for CM7, apparently not) is there any way to speed up market downloads? I am on the latest stable release for CM7, and market downloads take FOREVER. Also, everything runs relatively slow, and every third touch needs the screen to be locked and unlocked for any touch to be recognized again.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I know that you can now get to 1300mhz on CM7 with Dalingrin's Kernel. But all the links I try seem to be broken. How can I gut the kernel, and when I do get it, how do I switch to it? Sorry for so many questions. Also, other then getting a new SD Card (I thought Class 10 was the best for CM7, apparently not) is there any way to speed up market downloads? I am on the latest stable release for CM7, and market downloads take FOREVER. Also, everything runs relatively slow, and every third touch needs the screen to be locked and unlocked for any touch to be recognized again.

SD card is the biggest slow down and no technology in the tech world can speed up your downloads if your on a slow internet connection.

To overclock:
Read this thread
Download kernel
Put the kernel on your SD card
Boot into recovery
Pick flash zip
Choose the kernel you downloaded
Say yes
It will flash

To overclock after flashing kernel use this app

Reactions: kcls

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I do have a fast internet connection, I can download market apps very quickly from my phone on wifi, but I think ln the nook a 800kb download shouldn't take half an hour.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Great! I'll order one tonight. Thank you for all your help... I'll hit the thanks button when I get home. I'm on my phone now so I can't.

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Great! I'll order one tonight. Thank you for all your help... I'll hit the thanks button when I get home. I'm on my phone now so I can't.
It's been posted a bunch of times, but get a Sandisk class 4 and you will be happy. Running a 16gb card and performance is great with cm7.1

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I ordered the one that was on sale at radishack yesterday. This one to be exact. I am looking forward to my new and improved nook! In the meantime, I can't get it to reboot into recovery for the life of me, any suggestions?

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Instead of trying to time holding down the buttons just use your old SD card with CM7 on it. When it boots hold the power key until a poweroff menu appears, In the poweroff menu choose "reboot", in the next menu choose "recovery" and press "OK". The nook would reboot straight into recovery.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I tried doing that right when I first installed it, and it didn't work. So then I went to ROM Manager and flashed it, and rebooted into recovery and that didn't work either. Was that where I went wrong? I have tried from the power menu and from ROM Manager to reboot into recovery and neither worked.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I tried doing that right when I first installed it, and it didn't work. So then I went to ROM Manager and flashed it, and rebooted into recovery and that didn't work either. Was that where I went wrong? I have tried from the power menu and from ROM Manager to reboot into recovery and neither worked.

I haven't used rom manager. I prefer doing things the old fashioned way but it was probably a bad flash you'll probably have to format your SD card and do it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma