Help! need to get NC back to stock 1.2

musicmkr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried to root my NC 1.2 and it didn't work, so I tried to use Clockwork Mod Recovery to flash it back to stock. The only thing I could find was 1.0.1 and used that (big mistake). Once everything completed (during the "formatting data" portion, it failed, but I kept going) and I tried to reboot, it got stuck on the "Touch the Future of Reading" screen. By playing around with the power button I can get it to the home screen, but it keeps flashing with a text box at the top with some sort of error message (it's very long and since it keeps flashing, it's difficult to read). If I go to "settings", it stops flashing. If I go to the device info and select "About", it says the Software Version is "Unknown". I am really at a loss as to what to do. I'm not a computer expert, so I would appreciate any instructions that assume I don't know anything. Thanks in advance.

musicmkr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
That is the procedure I tried the first time and messed up my NC. Could it be because I have a newer NC that has the alternate partition and 1.2? When I tried to restore, it failed on "formatting data". What should I do if it fails the data formatting? Is there a 1.2 restore file out there anywhere?