CM7 Nightly Won't Boot

slimxwhitman

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I just did an update from most Recent Stable CM7 to the most recent Nightly. Only reason was for the new kernel. Anyways.. I wiped everything I need to, installed cm7, then google apps. I've done this several times and never had any problems. Today I tried to install the most recent nightly (149 I think?) It all installs fine, no errors when trying to boot I get the cyanogen boot logo and it says loading... under it. I let it sit figuring it takes some time being the first time booting. But after 15+ minutes nothing. I've also tried to install nightly 146 thinking maybe 149 isn't working, same thing... Is there anything else I need to be doing that I am missing? Also this is for an emmc install.

Thanks in advance!

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have had that happen a few times. The failed installation messed up something so I needed to restore a working backup and try again.

This may be overly cautious, but II now try to do the following when upgrading to a new nightly:

1. Download nightly and confirm that md5sum matches, then copy to SD card.
2. Boot into recovery and backup current system.
3. Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
4. Install zip from SD card.
5. Fix permissions and reboot.

slimxwhitman

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had that happen a few times. The failed installation messed up something so I needed to restore a working backup and try again.

This may be overly cautious, but II now try to do the following when upgrading to a new nightly:

1. Download nightly and confirm that md5sum matches, then copy to SD card.
2. Boot into recovery and backup current system.
3. Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
4. Install zip from SD card.
5. Fix permissions and reboot.

I tried this twice this morning with nightly 146 and 149. same thing.. :-/ I think I am going to try MIUI rom.. Thanks for the help, Give giving suggestions if anyone knows how to get it working! thanks!

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The last few nightly builds have giving me the same issue. I now have a dedicated bootable SD card and use the same procedure as Roberto. If all else fails you can always reformat data, system, and cache and start over.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm running from the internal memory. I just have a SD card to install new ROMs when they won't install from the NC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1