Fresh CM7 working great but can't install Facebook/Zinio/Netflix

frankdjr

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I installed a fresh copy CM7 yesterday, update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-encore-signed and it's running great, got the market, way faster than the original version but I can't install certain apps like Facebook. I was able to see the new market which looks great and install many apps and it's working great but I can't get Facebook, Zinio which I had running before on the Nook and Netflix.

I think I renamed something last time to tell the system it was a Samsung and that's how I got Netflix to run but I wouldn't image I would need it for Facebook. Zinio shows up in the Market but says coming soon even though I was already running it.

Please help and thanks in advance, Frank

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Fresh CM7 working great but can't install Facebook/Zinio/Netf

Please do a search. There are a dozen posts floating around about the new market and missing apps....

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Settings-applications-market-uninstall updates. This is a temp fix the market will reupdate but this should give you enough time to install what you need. There is also a fix that involves changing dpi but the market will get messed up after awhile doing that also.

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

frankdjr

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I've done a bunch of searches and the only thing I can find it that I can change the make and model of the Nook and it will allow netflix and probably facebook and zinio. Is this what I need to do?

Also, I have a personal mifi and with the stock update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-encore-signed it works fine, as soon as I add a nightly build, it can't see my mifi anymore. I've tried multiple nightly builds and am now going back to stock 7.1.0 RC1 as we speak.

Sorry for all the questions, Android newbie here, sorry to say, I have an iphone.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

sorry to say, I have an iphone.

I almost don't want to help you after that.... :D

Try going into your wifi settings and deleting all the connections. Then reboot and see if it now sees your mifi...

As to the missing apps, go into settings/applications and the market and uninstall the market update and clear the data, then go back into the "old" market and see if you can now find the apps.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Just use Google to find the apk files for those apps and sideload them. That's what I did and they all work great.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

It is much easier if they just uninstall the market updater app and then revert to the old market. Not a lot of people want to be bothered with sideloading apps............

saramwms

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

I did the uninstall updates fix and could reopen market but it reverted back after 15 seconds. Not enough time to get to Netflix and download it. Am I left with sideloading as my only option?

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I did the uninstall updates fix and could reopen market but it reverted back after 15 seconds. Not enough time to get to Netflix and download it. Am I left with sideloading as my only option?

Freeze, rename, or delete the marketupdater.apk

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

jimothy508

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Freeze, rename, or delete the marketupdater.apk

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

How is this done? I've tried to rename or delete it with ES file explorer, but both operations failed and it's still there with the same name. I saw no option to freeze the file either. Thanks!

Edit: Titanium backup worked to delete/uninstall the apk for anyone else that doesn't know (even though I was probably the only one who didn't =/)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908