Unresponsive touchscreen input

diggnasty

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a nook color a few months ago, installed Cyanogenmod using the guide mentioned at the bottom of this post, and overclocked it to 1.3 ghz. It worked fine the entire first night I played with it (about 4 hours) but the next morning it started acting strange: sometimes it would respond to my input, other times it would respond but would also act as if I touched the screen somewhere else as well. Needless to say, I'm rather frustrated. I have since repeated everything in the guide twice but without overclocking it (so it runs at the default clock speed), and I still have the same issues.

Has anyone had these issues and successfully overcome them? How did you do it?

Thank you!

Guide: addictivetips.com/mobile/install-cyanogenmod-7-android-2-3-gingerbread-rom-on-nook-color/

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
First off, clean your screen!! I use a lint free cloth once in awhile too keep it nice. Second, turn the screen on and off. Then download and run the Nook screen recalibrate app from the market.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the nook screen us super sensitive to finger grease and dust... what you are experiencing are "Phantom Touches". Search it up in google, everyone has 'em. Nook screen recalibrate app works, but the number one thing you can do is keep the screen clean.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Also a screen protector helps a ton.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

bpcnabe

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Different question, same issue: I just got a Nook Color (1.3) and tried to boot from SD Deep Blue's Honetcomb image but screen does not respond at all. Tried a CM7 image, same problem. Tried a third image (dual boot CM7/HC) and still have the same problem. Is there a step I am missing when creating the SD image? Is it an issue with the 1.3 kernel? The nook color works like it supposed to from the stock OS, so can't figure why touch screen doesn't work when booted from SD.

(On all three SD images, NC boots up and leaves me hanging at respective welcome screens.)

If this has been addressed before, my apologies, but I have been searching the forum for days trying to find this issue to no avail. Thx.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Different question, same issue: I just got a Nook Color (1.3) and tried to boot from SD Deep Blue's Honetcomb image but screen does not respond at all. Tried a CM7 image, same problem. Tried a third image (dual boot CM7/HC) and still have the same problem. Is there a step I am missing when creating the SD image? Is it an issue with the 1.3 kernel? The nook color works like it supposed to from the stock OS, so can't figure why touch screen doesn't work when booted from SD.

(On all three SD images, NC boots up and leaves me hanging at respective welcome screens.)

If this has been addressed before, my apologies, but I have been searching the forum for days trying to find this issue to no avail. Thx.

What is the brand of your SD card? That is most likely the problem.

Sent from space

bpcnabe

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
What is the brand of your SD card? That is most likely the problem.

Sent from space
Its a class 10 PNY 8 gig card.

When I boot, I am taken to the home screen of each respective image's OS but that's it. HC leaves me at the lock and CM7 leaves me with a few icons and search bar.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Its a class 10 PNY 8 gig card.

When I boot, I am taken to the home screen of each respective image's OS but that's it. HC leaves me at the lock and CM7 leaves me with a few icons and search bar.

Yeah, it is most likely your card. ONLY use a Sandisk brand class 2 or 4. There have been many problems reported by using PNY cards Espessialy.

Sent from space

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995