USB host mode and some questions

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I am running the #206 nightly on my Nook Color and have some questions about USB host..

Is the USB host enabled in the stock CM kernel? I ask because I already have a USB coupler and have tried the Nooks USB cable to coupler to several USB thumb drives of various capacities. The very first time I plugged a drive in it prompted me to update SU, and after I did I saw an entry for "usbdisk" in Root Explorer and File Expert.

I cannot copy data to or read existing data from any of those USB disks.

The questions I have are how to get it going mainly?

Also - I have a Kensington mini-bluetooth USB adapter. How cool would it be if we could get external bluetooth adapters working with USB host mode so we could increase the bluetooth transmission distance of the Nook. Cuz - it's seriously limited - like literally only 18 inches or so of leeway for bluetooth devices to see each other and pair.

Thanks!
:)

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about USB Host mode, but how is nightly 206? I've been thinking about updating but I'm not sure which nightly to use.

Sent from my CM7'd NookColor using Tapatalk

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You need to enable usb host in the nook tweaks app.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

Reactions: FractalSphere

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't know about USB Host mode, but how is nightly 206? I've been thinking about updating but I'm not sure which nightly to use.

Sent from my CM7'd NookColor using Tapatalk

Its stable overall. Does occasionally (more often than not) drop the WiFi connection if it sleeps for a while and I have to drill into the WiFi settings menu and view the list of connections before it'll reconnect. That's been for several different versions that I've used, however. inb4 sleep - I've got the wifi set to never sleep. ;)

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Also - I have a Kensington mini-bluetooth USB adapter. How cool would it be if we could get external bluetooth adapters working with USB host mode so we could increase the bluetooth transmission distance of the Nook. Cuz - it's seriously limited - like literally only 18 inches or so of leeway for bluetooth devices to see each other and pair.

Thanks!
:)

Bump - so any ideas on this, anyone?