noob nook color

julieann84403

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok i have had my nook since last christmas and have used it just for an ereader now i want to do more with it. i have read lots of post about honeycomb etc...
This is what i want to do with it, use hulu or netflix, use moon+reader, i really want autoscroll!
And i am a complete idiot to computers. i have read posts about honeycomb,rooting etc...do i download them to the sd card or computer. And will I lose what i do have on my nook color and my 4gb sd card? and do i need a bigger sd card?
Any help would be great and lots of patience with me :)
many thanks

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't use honeycomb, it doesn't work. You can run CM7 (Modified android gingerbread) from the SD card. You will not lose anything in your nook, and if you back up the things on your SD card, you can put them back later. You can follow this guide here http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1122944 on how to do this, your 4gb card will be plenty big.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

Reactions: julieann84403

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Check out the link in my sig to my Noobs Guide to Custom Roms on the Nook Color. Lots of great info. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Reactions: julieann84403

julieann84403

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Which version of CM7 do i use? does it matter? And thank you all for the great info hopefully this week i will get time to put it all to use.
also when using CM7 can i use the apps i downloaded from b&n? or can i archive them then re add them after installing CM7? or do i need to take out the sd card for it? hope this all makes sense.

Last edited:

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Which version of CM7 do i use? does it matter? And thank you all for the great info hopefully this week i will get time to put it all to use.
also when using CM7 can i use the apps i downloaded from b&n? or can i archive them then re add them after installing CM7? or do i need to take out the sd card for it? hope this all makes sense.

I use the RC (release candidate) version and have had good results except for the SoD (sleep of death) thing. Not a big deal, just annoying and fixed with a kernel flash. There is also a CM7 stable and CM7 nightlies. The nightlies are going to be the most buggy but are on the cutting edge of development so might have more/updated features the other versions don't.

As far as your other questions re: the BN apps...A lot of people run CM from their uSD (micro-SD) card and leave the internal memory (also seen written as eMMC) running the stock BN rom such as version 1.3 (soon to be 1.4). So yes, you can keep using the apps you downloaded/purchased on the stock rom and have a whole 'nother world of Market apps on the CM7 rom. Don't forget that after you install the Market on CM7, you can go in a download the B&N app and have all of your books and periodicals loaded up on CM7. I know it's a little confusing and overwhelming but you'll learn the ins and outs...mostly it's just following instructions. Don't hesitate though...once you load up CM7 you'll be amazed at what you can do with the NC....it will seem like a whole new device. Have fun!