Insufficient Space error

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Can one of you help me understand this? I have a nook color that is running CM7 off an 8gb SD card.

When I connect my nook to the PC and look at the explorer...I see a MyNookColor drive that is FAT32 and 1GB, and a CM7 SDCARD drive that is FAT32 and 5.9GB

When I go into settings/storage on the nook I see SD card (total space 1GB), Internal Storage (total space .9GB) and Additional Storage /mnt/emmc (total space 5.9GB)

I am assuming that the Additional storage I see on the Nook settings screen is my CM SDCARD7 partition. But how do I tell the nook to use this space to install apps and such.

I keep getting a "cannot install insufficient space" error.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
CM7 settings, manage applications and you should see an option to change the default location. By default it is set to "auto".

Reactions: stlarenas

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I am being dense here... (thanks for your replies this far)

If all of my space is listed as Additional Storage /mnt/emmc then does that mean I need to set it to Internal or External (this running everything off the SD card has me confused)

And after I do that, how do I move what I already have installed over to that space?

And will this change then allow me to download from the market without getting the "insufficient space error"

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
external... that should allow you to start installing new apps to the additional space. Don't bother moving existing apps unless you want to uninstall them and reinstall them. It usually just makes things worse.