sorry for the short title--but here's the explanation:

i'm selling my nook color (with cm7 running on the microSD card).
    how can i remove my gmail account from CM7? i tried doing a factory reset--but i can still boot up the card and it goes right into accessing my gmail account/android market & showing the google account still tied to the device in 'accounts & sync'

ideas?
    i'd rather not have to re-burn a new CM7 card out--as i'm at work and won't have easy access before i'm meeting to sell this device.
    12-27-2011 08:51 AM
    Go to settings-accounts and sync- then tap on your google account and then press remove account.

Sent from space
    12-27-2011 02:28 PM
    Go to settings-accounts and sync- then tap on your google account and then press remove account.

Sent from space
    already tried that earlier--but sadly it's a no-go. it won't work b/c the device needs some google account to be sourced for the apps--and since it is the one that was used to 'register' the device to the market (or the google framework apk)--i couldn't remove the account or try to add another account then remove the first one.

the quest continues....
    12-27-2011 04:23 PM
    Crazy coincidence! That is exactly what I am trying to do... So far I don't have a solution but am eagerly awaiting someone wiser than I to chime in

Sara
    12-27-2011 06:06 PM
    I gave my NC to my brother for xmas and ran into the same issue. I eventually ended up formating the card and set CM7 up from scratch.
    12-29-2011 09:51 AM
    I gave my NC to my brother for xmas and ran into the same issue. I eventually ended up formating the card and set CM7 up from scratch.
    that's what i figured but was hoping there was some alternative of which was not easily apparent.
    blast it all.
    12-29-2011 10:27 AM
    already tried that earlier--but sadly it's a no-go. it won't work b/c the device needs some google account to be sourced for the apps--and since it is the one that was used to 'register' the device to the market (or the google framework apk)--i couldn't remove the account or try to add another account then remove the first one.

the quest continues....
    06-10-2016 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD