sorry if this has been asked before....

evanlavine

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have stumbled on the forums here trying to answer my own questions but am sort of stuck on these two...

1) Is it true that a slower recharge is better for battery? My Nook, running N2A card and SetCPU is taking a much longer time to charge after underclocking. Just want to try and see what expectations should be for an underclock recharge...can post my settings if needed

2) For the life of me I cannot purchase from the market, no matter how many times I FS/clean cache...can download free apps but not the $ ones. I know I have read the fixed before regarding FS Google and Market, and making sure google wallet has updated info - if anyone has any info on how to resolve after trying those steps, please reply?

Thanks everyone!

evan

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have stumbled on the forums here trying to answer my own questions but am sort of stuck on these two...

1) Is it true that a slower recharge is better for battery? My Nook, running N2A card and SetCPU is taking a much longer time to charge after underclocking. Just want to try and see what expectations should be for an underclock recharge...can post my settings if needed

2) For the life of me I cannot purchase from the market, no matter how many times I FS/clean cache...can download free apps but not the $ ones. I know I have read the fixed before regarding FS Google and Market, and making sure google wallet has updated info - if anyone has any info on how to resolve after trying those steps, please reply?

Thanks everyone!

evan

1. Why the heck are you underclocking an already underclocked processor? A slower recharge won't do anything for your battery in fact trickle charging will decrease the total life time of the battery. Also you shouldn't be using setCPU on the N use the built in overclock settings or the Nook Tweaks app.

2. You need to set up a Google checkout account.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

evanlavine

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
1. Why the heck are you underclocking an already underclocked processor? A slower recharge won't do anything for your battery in fact trickle charging will decrease the total life time of the battery. Also you shouldn't be using setCPU on the N use the built in overclock settings or the Nook Tweaks app.

2. You need to set up a Google checkout account.

1) I was under the impression that setCPU and N2A were not compatible the beginning of last year. There have been updates since and I am not clear if newer versions like the one I just got is good to use so I decided to try. So far it works like a charm with no issues besides the question I had asked - however Nook Tweak did not work maybe due to not having Dalingrins Kernel from N2A. Voltage and governors would not stick. Why the heck do I want to underclock it? Like everyone else, to improve battery life even more. I don't think I am the only one to do this as I read about it in almost every forum visited.

2) I should have mentioned that I do, in fact, have a Google checkout account and have downloaded paid apps in the past. Yesterday was first day that I cannot.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
1) I was under the impression that setCPU and N2A were not compatible the beginning of last year. There have been updates since and I am not clear if newer versions like the one I just got is good to use so I decided to try. So far it works like a charm with no issues besides the question I had asked - however Nook Tweak did not work maybe due to not having Dalingrins Kernel from N2A. Voltage and governors would not stick. Why the heck do I want to underclock it? Like everyone else, to improve battery life even more. I don't think I am the only one to do this as I read about it in almost every forum visited.

2) I should have mentioned that I do, in fact, have a Google checkout account and have downloaded paid apps in the past. Yesterday was first day that I cannot.

1. Undervolting saves more battery than unclocking, underclocking can in fact make you lose more battery due to tasks taking much longer to complete therefore taking up more time and battery.

2. I buy all of my apps from amazon so I cannot help further

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463