Orange dots in all four corners

insomnial

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my second Book Color (the first one had the weird audio glitch where the sound output stops after going to sleep but comes back after restart) and now it has grown some peculiar orange dots. Each corner has a faint but noticeable 1/4" orange dot growing. This started today and slowly gets worse the longer the screen is on so needless to say I'll be exchanging it but I was curious to see if anyone else has had the same problem? I got both at the same Best Buy hoping they'll have the original Book Colors that are still rootable so I assume this is just a problem with the first batch they put out.

red.drako

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The one I got was from Best Buy & it's been a wonderful machines so far.
The orange dots sound like an issue with the LCD panel that's inside the Nook Color itself. I'm thinking the inverter is bad, assuming the screen wasn't damaged; that is to say, it may have been damaged on the back of the panel where you cannot see it.

yogirl#AC

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you have some sort of case that puts a squeeze on the frame of the Nook? I know I have seen it happen with phones that have tight cases on them. Just an idea.