Reinstall Youtube

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I'm an idiot and uninstalled the Youtube app using Manage Applications instead of the adb method. I was having problems with it. So now I can't reinstall it. Does anybody know where I can get the apk to reinstall(it's not in the market)?

crazace

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
No problem! Im kinda of a newbie at rooting so I have been reading and doing just about everything I can find and more then willing to share!

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Q.....when i first rooted, the youtube app worked fine. then i installed zeam. dont know if this had anything to do with it, but now it doesnt work. i hit it, it brings up a black screen for a second, then closes and goes to the homescreen.

so should i just install this HQ version? and do i need to uninstall my version first? thanks.

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
you need a sd card installed, not the autonooter card, or if thats your only one, reformat it first.

In the market download astro file manager. In astro go to the menu>app manager. Check the box next to the YouTube app then tap backup at the top of the screen. After backing it up, uninstall the app (nook color tools or astro will work) then use astro app manager to reinstall from the SD card. (Thanks to AintSkerd for this tip)

im considering installing the hi def youtube, but i will only do it knowing i have a backup of the original on my sd card from when i had the same problem. ive also heard of others using titanium backup to clear the app data for youtube with success for this problem, but have no experience doing that myself.

Reactions: EricLikesDroid

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
you need a sd card installed, not the autonooter card, or if thats your only one, reformat it first.

In the market download astro file manager. In astro go to the menu>app manager. Check the box next to the YouTube app then tap backup at the top of the screen. After backing it up, uninstall the app (nook color tools or astro will work) then use astro app manager to reinstall from the SD card. (Thanks to AintSkerd for this tip)

im considering installing the hi def youtube, but i will only do it knowing i have a backup of the original on my sd card from when i had the same problem. ive also heard of others using titanium backup to clear the app data for youtube with success for this problem, but have no experience doing that myself.

thank you very much. i will try that as soon as i get home. i already formatted the sd card after the autonooter was on there and currently use it.

crazace

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I dont think you will want the old version. The HQ version is way better and looks sweet on the NC! If you follow the directions on the site I posted you cant go wrong!

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
yes. his stuff is great. already using SlideIT keyboard using his method.

I'm sure you are right, I just don't think I use youtube enough for it to matter. wouldn't video downloads take alot longer?

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
yes. his stuff is great. already using SlideIT keyboard using his method.

I'm sure you are right, I just don't think I use youtube enough for it to matter. wouldn't video downloads take alot longer?

I didn't realize you guys had found my site, but--if you liked it--the good news is, I'm now focusing all my NOOKcolor moddingness here at Android central. Keep checking the forums, as pretty much everything from the site will soon be here. :)

Reactions: imtravis

aludal

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize you guys had found my site, but--if you liked it--the good news is, I'm now focusing all my NOOKcolor moddingness here at Android central. Keep checking the forums, as pretty much everything from the site will soon be here. :)

I'm looking for an audio.prefs mod to boost x2 the max volume of the NC speaker.
Didn't find anything yet. Any ideas? The hack/mod can be helpful for Droid X/2 owners who also complain about low speaker volume. Any ideas, Will?

The other hack that is needed badly is making Flash_for_21.apk work on NC. So far, the NC most probably reports to app that HW acceleration is unavailable, so it won't work. The hack needed is new, HW accelerated 2D/3D drivers and HW assisted overlay. Sure, the advent of CM7 to the NC should solve the problem.

The present calibration routine is quirky, the calibration hack published in the NC wiki is quirky, too.

BTW, it was me at XDA-Devs who has find that EVO's HQ YouTube apk works on NC, see it in my blog: fineoils.blogspot.com

jainyankee

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Help

Okay...HELP... I did the same thing. I uninstalled yoitube, and i want it back now. Its not on the market, and nook colormods gets redirected. What do i do????

tvking63

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Since it appears that nookcolormods.com now redirects here, where do I find the info to install YouTube HD? Searching the Nook Color forums for 'YouTube' doesn't seem to find it and it's not in the Work-arounds sticky.