Which reading app do you use?

Which readingApp do you like best for the Nook

• Total voters

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So now that I have a rooted Nook, I downloaded Google Books and the Kindle App. So I now can choose between any of the 3 main eBook stores. What I've found is the Nook store is more expensive for some of the books I want to get while the Kindle is cheaper. The main issue with this is while I like the Kindle app, I wish it had the formatting features of the Nook app.

What do you guys/gals use?

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the ereader app since my palm3 days. used it on a sony clie, a samsung winmo phone, a treo, and two blackberries. switched to Barnes and noble app when they bought ereader.com because of better book selection. was able to use all my ereader books, even drm-containing books so I stuck with it. now I have quite a few b&n books so I am sticking with it. had to find a way to convert some pdb book books to epub. but a little googling and no problem. much easier to read on this big screen than on any if the others. never really liked the e- ink displays much. used the kindle app on my bb storm2, but never really liked it as much.

trpttrooper

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Is Google books working for you on your NC? I dl'ed it and when I go to open it the screen goes blank then takes me to my home screen again. Did you have to do anything special to get Gbooks to work or am I just unlucky?

j_benj#AC

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Poll needs an option for "other" :) I flop between fbreader (for books), ezpdf (for pdfs of all flavors), perfect viewer (for comics) and the nook reader for a couple magazines I subscribe to.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried Aldiko on the Nook Color? I like that I can use it to read any epub that I download or convert. It works good on my Incredible and I'm thinking about purchasing a NC.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just installed it and noticed that its difficult to navigate because of the lack of dedicated capacitative buttons. I know you can bring up the menu with the softkeys button. But its a little kludgy in my opinion. It looks great but i don't like it on the nook so far.

Im not an ebook expert by any means...so far it doesn't click with me yet.

sent from my rooted NookColor

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800