Clockwork for Color!!!!

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded/installed ROM Manager, and then Clockwork, and then did my backup.. GLad to at least have that now. Definately looking forward to seeing the creative minds come up with some new ROMs for the NC.

canucknnv

May 9, 2010
Visit site
anyone know what i did wrong. I put geniusdog254's (xda) overclock kernal on sd card and wanted to flash it. I rebooted into recovery and wiped the dalvik cache but after the cache was wiped, i could not go back in the menus to actually flash the kernal. clockwork locked up. I've tried it a few different times and never was able to wipe the dalvik before flashing the kernal. I was able to flash the kernal first and then wipe but i dont think thats the proper order. any ideas?

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
anyone know what i did wrong. I put geniusdog254's (xda) overclock kernal on sd card and wanted to flash it. I rebooted into recovery and wiped the dalvik cache but after the cache was wiped, i could not go back in the menus to actually flash the kernal. clockwork locked up. I've tried it a few different times and never was able to wipe the dalvik before flashing the kernal. I was able to flash the kernal first and then wipe but i dont think thats the proper order. any ideas?

I haven't used the overclock kernel yet, but maybe clockwork isn't successfully wiping dalvik? Is the kernel working when you flash it? If so, I'd say don't worry about it. Of course you can check in setcpu or CPU tuner to check out what it's doing...

Last edited:

canucknnv

May 9, 2010
Visit site
the kernal does work but the speeds are slower than the stock kernal. I was getting quadrants of between 904 - 953 on stock and 819-876 on the custom kernal. its not a big deal the custom kernal only is supposed to give less than 15 % boost anyways, im just glad that there are devs dedicating time to the nook. cool stuff

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't wipe the davlik cache..
What'd I'd recommend is, copy the kernal to your SD card (I have a folder called Custom Kernals with all the different kernals.
I use ROM Manager to reboot into recovery (easier than the key combination for me).
Then I choose to install from zip, and the select zip (in this case I chose the 950 kernal).
Install, and reboot... works great.
Also installed SetCPU to control the clock speeds.

canucknnv

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't wipe the davlik cache..
What'd I'd recommend is, copy the kernal to your SD card (I have a folder called Custom Kernals with all the different kernals.
I use ROM Manager to reboot into recovery (easier than the key combination for me).
Then I choose to install from zip, and the select zip (in this case I chose the 950 kernal).
Install, and reboot... works great.
Also installed SetCPU to control the clock speeds.

Thats what i did to a T. I just wasnt able to wipe the cache and didnt see any speed or quadrant gains and i attributed that (right or wrong) to not being able to wipe the cache, scores and speed were less.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
canucknnv, I didn't notice much of a difference either.. Unfortunaly one of my coworkers dropped my NC on the pavement, and I've had to replace it.. I've decided not to go the Clockwork route as it does disable the safety net of the eight reboot feature.

canucknnv

May 9, 2010
Visit site
im just going to wait a few weeks until the bugs are out. the real deal will be when we have a stable froyo/gingerbread rom and a stable 1ghz overclock kernal. once we have that the nookcolor will be the best tab/ereader on the market for that price point.

crazace

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It already is the best tab/ereader on the market for that price point! It would be AMAZING at 1ghz!

It sure is amazing! My quadrant was at 1217!

Last edited:

canucknnv

May 9, 2010
Visit site
guess i should have asked befroe but does anyone know how to get rid of this thing? cant restore back to factory now. I dont need to but i tried and no dice.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
guess i should have asked befroe but does anyone know how to get rid of this thing? cant restore back to factory now. I dont need to but i tried and no dice.

You'll want to replace the boot partition (via the restore nook color to rooted stock sticked thread). Then if you want to go all the way back to unrooted, interrupt the boot process 8x after that (it should work again after replacing boot).

Reactions: canucknnv