[GUIDE] How to Root Your Nook Color

RichAggie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I got the lock error message when using my phone as the sd reader. All you have to do is disable USB Debugging on your phone and it worked for me.

tonypai

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So maybe someone can enlighten me here. I ran through this process, but when booting up, it just repeats the boot animation over and over. I think I may have messed something up during the original rooting process, but I'm not positive about that, since the boot animation is at least showing up.

I have the same issue.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

The computer recognizes the Nook but it keeps running the Android animation.

jeffisbiking

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

The computer recognizes the Nook but it keeps running the Android animation.

I tried resetting everything with CWM and only managed to continue to have the same issue with the device (boot screen which reset every few seconds). To fix this, I had to follow this guide ((HOW TO) Uninstall Clockwork Recovery and revert to a stock image) in order to reset everything. I'm just happy to not have a bricked NC, but I'll have to try some of these processes again.

theinspirond

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey Ive rooted and all but I am very new to android devices and dealing with the nook-rooted as per the above instructions.

What are some things now I should do + could do? What are some free apps to d/l + install? Also, can I change the background? The look + feel of the device? It is still feels the same as before I rooted it. How can I add books to the "desktop" ?

aristondog

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If Im already using the Nook color with SW version 1.1 do I still need to reset teh Nook color by stopping it 8x and runnning again the upgrade?

Davie

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.. That was easy butt..
Having some problems. after reboot lost my B&N books.
Can only find my downloaded aps thru browser downloads.
Still working on it.
Thanks again

julesR

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have seen this question asked in this thread but can't find an answer.

After rooting the stock rom I am unable to install apk's (says unsupported) or restore apps/data with titanium back-up. Is there a fix for this? I know a couple of settings the backup app asked for (usb debugging and unknown sources for applications) were not available in this rom. I tried installing apk's with root explorer and got the same response that apk installation is unsupported.

julesR

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I was able to resolve the above issue by upgrading TBU; pricey but well worth it IMO. The rooted stock is now near perfect. I've finally settled on it after playing with just about everything else out there for the NC.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

execdab

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Rooting went perfectly and I loved the result. However, my Newsweek (automatic delivery) didn't happen yesterday. I returned to stock and got the download.

Anyone else with this problem? Any idea why? Fix?

I have used Froyo on SD but, except for flash, I much prefer rooted stock. Don't want to go back and forth every week! Thanks.

Edit: I was in BN store and "read in store" didn't work.

EDIT: Both 'read in store' and magazine download were B&N problems (network and delivery), now fixed. Rooted stock works perfectly! Thanks.

Last edited:

wisjohl

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so need some newbie info. I followed the instruction in the thread and all has gone exceptionally well. System is up and running, able to log on to all services and downloads etc.

My first question is with the autonooter 3.0.0 what version of android am I running?
Is this is not Froyo and I wished to get to that version what would be the next steps?

israelkamaka

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to confirm before I do this...after rooting, do I remove the sd card? And if I remove the sd card, how can I then use it for storage on the nc?

Thanks
IzzyGurl

IanMcB

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so need some newbie info. I followed the instruction in the thread and all has gone exceptionally well. System is up and running, able to log on to all services and downloads etc.

My first question is with the autonooter 3.0.0 what version of android am I running?
Is this is not Froyo and I wished to get to that version what would be the next steps?

If I understand correctly you are running Eclair. I think one of the stickies in this forum is about installing Nookie Froyo

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to confirm before I do this...after rooting, do I remove the sd card? And if I remove the sd card, how can I then use it for storage on the nc?

Thanks
IzzyGurl

Yes you can remove it. The easiest way to use it for storage is to boot your Nook and then insert the SD card. Bring up Settings then choose Device Info, SD Card and Format SD card.

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
wow this worked great, almost too easy... only way it would have been easier if I could've just thrown the sd card at my nook and it rooted itself. Thank you for the quick easy instructions.