01-12-2012 09:48 PM
86 1234
tools
    I've never heard of that. If you're sure you followed everything to a T, then maybe hold off on the kernel. Could be worth another try though, as that isn't usual.
    Thanks, I have tried a few times and still have the same problem, it's really strange.
    01-28-2011 05:12 PM
    a dumb question...but...

using the internal memory method, does uImage to into my c:\android-sdk-windows folder or my c:\android-sdk-windows\program-tools folder?

I have it on the C drive so I can just open a terminal and issue an adb command without having to CD into a directory, but "adb push uImage boottmp/uImage" doesn't see the file. Do I need to cd into the folder before issuing the command?
    02-01-2011 06:38 PM
    All the links listed are dead...

Error (509)
    This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
    02-01-2011 07:07 PM
    All the links listed are dead...

Error (509)
    This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
    Crap. Give me a few minutes - I'll fix them.

EDIT: They should work now - let me know if there are any problems.
    02-01-2011 07:13 PM
    So this means that it is stable at 1.1Ghz. If I do settings between 800 and 1100 Mhz, will it still be stable? Also, when it was first overclocked, 905Mhz I think, it was said that the voltage was actually turned down and might help with battery performance. Is that still the case with this new overclock? Maybe not for 1100Mhz but maybe for 950Mhz?

Sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm just wondering before I start playing with overclocking. Thank you!
    02-02-2011 11:28 PM
    Any help with my (probably stupid) question above? Thanks.

Sent from my Nook Color (zoom2) using Tapatalk
    02-03-2011 07:47 PM
    Any help with my (probably stupid) question above? Thanks.

Sent from my Nook Color (zoom2) using Tapatalk
    Not stupid at all, I'm curious about this as well... Running stock speeds with Honeycomb and it's a bit sluggish... wondering if OC will help with performance and whether being at 1 vs 1.1 will notice a bigger difference.
    02-04-2011 12:32 PM
    For some reason my nook is not seeing the uimage file in cwr. Any suggestions? Running stock rooted.
    Found a zip file for the kernel and that did the trick.
    02-05-2011 10:28 AM
    The link in the OP is for a Uimage.bin but the instructions are for using clockwork recovery mod which requires a zip. if you go the original post at XDA (link is in OP), you can download the zip at the bottom of the opening post on that page and follow the instructions Will listed.
    02-07-2011 10:25 AM
    Is the procedure to overclock the same if your running Android 2.2?
    02-12-2011 10:13 PM
    Ok I am overclocked at 1.1 GHZ. Tested at 1112. Everything is running good. I had a little issue with touchscreen but seems like you just close the scree and that helps. Also stopped using the gingerbread keyboard. Not sure if the issues are related or not. But right now I am a happy camper!
    02-13-2011 12:14 PM
    I have two Nookie Froyo cards. One uses the basic kernel and the other uses the 1100 overclock. The builds are identical -- same apps, everything -- other than the kernels. I'm getting massive "force close" messages on the overclock card. I know there are a lot of lurking variables, but has anyone attributed crazy force closes to the use of the overclock up to this point? Just wondering... It's unusable for me.
    02-13-2011 05:20 PM

Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery (if you don't have this yet, get ROM Manager from the Market and choose Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option)

In Clockwork, choose Install Zip from SD Card
    And what do we do if we cannot get out of clockwork recovery?
    02-14-2011 09:36 PM
    And what do we do if we cannot get out of clockwork recovery?
    Yeah this happened to me today and I ended up having to restore my nook back to factory stock and re-root all over again. Very disappointed.

Can I get a more noob-friendly set of instructions for this whole overclocking the kernel business?

Like when you say add the .zip file to the root of the SD card, am I supposed to just drag and drop it in there, or do I need to do that whole terminal ordeal to put the .img file on there? (I'm on a Mac)

I apologize if these are ridiculous questions, but most of this stuff is just way over my head, but I've made it this far so I'd like to make my nook the best it can be.
    02-15-2011 12:13 AM
    Yeah this happened to me today and I ended up having to restore my nook back to factory stock and re-root all over again. Very disappointed.

Can I get a more noob-friendly set of instructions for this whole overclocking the kernel business?

Like when you say add the .zip file to the root of the SD card, am I supposed to just drag and drop it in there, or do I need to do that whole terminal ordeal to put the .img file on there? (I'm on a Mac)

I apologize if these are ridiculous questions, but most of this stuff is just way over my head, but I've made it this far so I'd like to make my nook the best it can be.
    2nd this... I got stuck in clockwork recovery and had to start over. Hopefully the process can be improved on...
    02-15-2011 02:30 PM
    2nd this... I got stuck in clockwork recovery and had to start over. Hopefully the process can be improved on...
    hey idk if your issue is the same as mine but i found this tutorial that is much more comprehensive and really helped me.

(How To) Installing/Using ClockworkMod, Rom manager, nandroid backup, custom kernels
    02-16-2011 02:10 PM
    Can someone please take the time to let me know where this is

Place it in your SDK tools directory

on my computer, I have searched but to now avail
    02-18-2011 01:06 AM
    ...So I fallow the steps as best I could ( noob )... the nook booted in to clockworkmod and then tried to exit clockworkmod no success, got stuck in a rebootloop...

I tried a "restore" in clockworkmod, worked but i'm still stuck in the loop
    Then tried a factory reset, worked but im still stuck in the loop

Any way of getting out of the loop?
    02-18-2011 04:55 PM
    i have a nook with stock rooted on the internal memory and nookie froyo on a micro sd...do i need to do it twice for each os or just once
    02-19-2011 08:37 PM
    ...So I fallow the steps as best I could ( noob )... the nook booted in to clockworkmod and then tried to exit clockworkmod no success, got stuck in a rebootloop...

I tried a "restore" in clockworkmod, worked but i'm still stuck in the loop
    Then tried a factory reset, worked but im still stuck in the loop

Any way of getting out of the loop?
    Try flashing this zip from your SD card to remove Clockwork.

This one will keep your root:
    CWR-removal-rootsafe.zip
    This one wont:
    CWR-removal.zip
    lehons, keitaro_252 and micl9 like this.
    02-19-2011 09:43 PM
    I was running rooted stock updated to 1.1, now am having the same problem (stuck in CWR loop). I've tried searching the forums and google, and am not sure what to do now.
    Should I try wiping the caches and flashing an overclock kernel? Should I try flashing the CWR-removal-rootsafe.zip? Have I lost my system and now have to start over? Did I do something wrong (followed the instructions in this Sticky, haven't wiped any caches or anything)?
    02-20-2011 03:56 PM
    Thanks for the help, buy I lost my patients and wiped the nook and went to Stock... at least now i'm Really familiar with rooting as I've ad to do it twice now XD
    02-20-2011 04:45 PM
    So I used the cwr-removal-rootsafe.zip, dropped into my SD root. Flashed in cwr, rebooted, and everything works fine again. I'm not overclocked but I'm just happy to have everything working again. I'll have to do some more research before trying again.
    Thanks Anoxymoron
    02-20-2011 08:54 PM
    So I used the cwr-removal-rootsafe.zip, dropped into my SD root. Flashed in cwr, rebooted, and everything works fine again. I'm not overclocked but I'm just happy to have everything working again. I'll have to do some more research before trying again.
    Thanks Anoxymoron
    No problem. Check out this guide for overclocking your nook: (How To) Installing/Using ClockworkMod, Rom manager, nandroid backup, custom kernels

And this helped me get around being stuck in clockwork after clearing the dalvik:
    "Some users have reported that after clearing the dalvik cache in CWR (as part of the process to flash a custom kernel), the screen locks up and they are unable to return to the main recovery screen.

This was resolved by 1) hook up your nook to the wall charger, 2) hold the power button which will force a reboot, 3) after your nook reboots to its normal screen, restart the kernel flash procedure from the beginning, 4) after you clear the dalvik cache, do not touch anything for at least 30 seconds

After step 4, CWR usually doesn't lock up and you should be able to navigate back to the main recovery screen to finish the kernel flash process. For some reason or another, the nook just needs a little time after clearing the dalvik cache before you can press any buttons."
    02-21-2011 01:13 AM
    i have rooted stock on the internal memory and nookie froyo on my sd. do i need to overclock it twice for each one or do i just do it once?
    02-21-2011 06:08 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD