01-12-2012 09:48 PM
86 1234
tools
    I have verified that uImage is located in the root directory of my SD card. In ROM Manager, when I click on Install ROM from SD Card I don't see the file uImage. There is a file called clockworkmod/.
    02-21-2011 08:49 PM
    Im having an issue with actually overclocking in SetCPU after installing the update-eclair-dalingrin-OC-emmc-22311.zip file.

I boot into clockwork recovery, clear both caches and successfully install the update, but when I get into SetCPU the max speed is 528mhz, same as before. What am I missing? I've tried reinstalling the kernal 3 in case it didnt take or something.
    02-23-2011 11:59 AM
    I have verified that uImage is located in the root directory of my SD card. In ROM Manager, when I click on Install ROM from SD Card I don't see the file uImage. There is a file called clockworkmod/.
    yes im having this issue too
    02-25-2011 08:48 PM
    yes im having this issue too
    Love your sig. Very funny but I like the message.
    02-25-2011 09:14 PM
    The link in the OP is for a Uimage.bin but the instructions are for using clockwork recovery mod which requires a zip. if you go the original post at XDA (link is in OP), you can download the zip at the bottom of the opening post on that page and follow the instructions Will listed.
    Can you post the exact filename you used for stock rooted?

Try flashing this zip from your SD card to remove Clockwork.

This one will keep your root:
    CWR-removal-rootsafe.zip
    This one wont:
    CWR-removal.zip
    THANKS! Like others I got stuck in "the loop"
    02-25-2011 10:14 PM
    Okay, I hate to add to all the cries for help... but help. =(

What I've done:

Stock 1.0.1
    -Autonooted 2.12.25
    Took steps to activate etc

-But I chose NOT to flash CWR - (Was concerned about choosing Nook vs Nook (old) )

-Instead I booted from a bootable CWR uSD

-I sideloaded Decad3nce's Nook Color V1.1.0_r2 ROM from there (without wiping anything per his instructions)

-Again, not much of a hitch (though the first time I did this, it was fine, but then got stuck in the Touch the Future of Reading boot loop, which forced me to redo it)

-Then again, using the bootable CWR, I updated the kernel with update-eclair-dalingrin-OC-emmc-22311.zip
    - Weird thing - after wiping dalvik cache, CWR locked up (which I think was reported)
    - I reset, try wiping again, locks up
    - I reset, and just flash the kernel

Boots fine, SetCPU 1.1/600. Works fine all night.

This morning, turn it on and it's stuck in the touch-loop.

What gives? Any help is appreciated - I'm a little tired of having to reset this thing back to stock so many times.

**edit: Oh and now when I plug it in, the NC keeps trying to turn on even after I power off - and gets stuck at the touch loop
    02-27-2011 11:59 AM
    Just a warning to those with the same set up as me (NC, 1.1.0, rooted with autonooter 3.0.0).

When you have installed ROM Manager from the Market and you do "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery", when it asks you to choose your phone-

If you are installing any CM or CM-based ROM, you need to select "Nook Color". (Giving you CWR v3.0.0.6 which is ext4)

If you are installing a B&N or Stock Rom (1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.1.0, Eclair, Froyo), you need to select "Nook Color (Old)". (Giving you CWR v3.0.0.5 which is ext3).

I chose "Nook Color" the first time and then flashed the Dalingrin OC kernel and lost access to the Market. I had to remove CWM and try it again a few times before I finally chose "Nook Color (old)" and flashed the OC kernel again and all was joy

Also- Make sure after you flash CWM you reboot your NC before going back into ROM Manger and choosing "Reboot into Recovery", then wipe both the Cache and the Davlik cache before flashing the OC kernel!

See this thread
    mistertwo, micl9 and Pre-dawn raid like this.
    02-27-2011 05:00 PM
    I'm running 1.1.0/rooted with autonooter 3.0.0 also but am having trouble getting overclocked. I originally flashed CWR v3.0.0.6 but didn't lose access to the market. I then flashedCWR v3.0.0.5, cleared cache, cleared davlik cache at which point the phone seemed to lock up. I rebooted and flashed the OC kernel but still aren't able to overclock using SetCPU. Is anyone having any issues after clearing davlik cache?

Edit: I downloaded the kernels from the androidtablets.net thread and they are working for me. Thanks to crispian for posting that link.
    02-27-2011 07:45 PM
    It seems that this thread has turned into a "problem" thread with no solutions.

Our problems are either so far over these guys heads that no one has any answers or we are a collection of dumb asses not worthy of attention.

Either way, I'm cool with my NC.

Really I can see how a novice such as myself can be very frustrating to the devs. In their minds telling me something so simple that I should already know is like having to tell me to wipe my *** after I crap. I understand that. I am an expert in other areas. I've had to correct myself for making the same assumptions with my clients, employees, etc.

I decided tonight I'm gonna give my youngest son my ipod. Who needs it? Between my dInc and my NC I've got all bases covered.

Thanks for a great forum.

Joey
    02-27-2011 09:39 PM
    The links to the dropbox files are giving an error message (403). Cannot get to files. It says "it seems you don't belong here"
    Can you post other links to these overclocking files?
    Thanks
    03-08-2011 01:09 AM
    go here to get the files
    [Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernel [3/8/11] - xda-developers

i overclocked stock rooted 1.1 last night, the jump in performance was very very nice and have noticed some improved battery life
    ClintRo likes this.
    03-08-2011 07:43 AM
    @Stonefeet
    Stock is Eclair, correct?
    03-08-2011 11:17 AM
    That's correct
    03-08-2011 08:00 PM
    That was dead easy, and I'm pretty sure its faster than my Droid X that's clocked at 1160. Cheers!
    03-09-2011 02:00 PM
    Just overclocked with the uImage found on the last page here
    [Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernel [3/8/11] - Page 79 - xda-developers

he needed people to test it out, seems flawless so far with a great increase!
    03-10-2011 07:41 PM
    Hey just got my NC last night for the purpose of turning into a 'droid' tablet. But when I click on your links above to download the files, I get a dropbox 403 error. Thnx.
    03-12-2011 08:54 AM
    I do have a dropbox account
    03-12-2011 08:54 AM
    Use these files.

go here to get the files
    [Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernel [3/8/11] - xda-developers

i overclocked stock rooted 1.1 last night, the jump in performance was very very nice and have noticed some improved battery life
    03-12-2011 10:42 AM
    Hello, I'm trying to download the zip for "Installation on Nookie Froyo" (running from internal memory).... Getting a dropbox 401 error, looks like it's getting too much traffic. Is there another method or link that I could download this from? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind, trying the link mentioned above instead.
    03-23-2011 09:05 PM
    i was wondering if anyone could help i installed the 1.1 ghz rom from here but now my nookcolor is in a constant boot loop and and when i try to restore it it says checksum md5 mismatch not sure where to go from here
    03-25-2011 08:15 AM
    Trying to download the file for sd card installation but can't access the link. Help if you please.

Thanks looking forward to trying this tool.
    03-25-2011 09:43 PM
    Yes, the link for the nookie froyo internal memory file is a "no go" too. Help please?

Edit: Silly me, my current ROM already has the OC kernel. I just had to install and configure SetCPU!
    03-27-2011 10:00 AM
    i've rooted my nook with auto-nook 3.0. Can I overclock my color nook?
    04-12-2011 07:19 PM
    i've rooted my nook with auto-nook 3.0. Can I overclock my color nook?
    new kernel out running at 1.3ghz. pretty stable for me, ran it all night long; no problems.
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7] Dalingrin's OC kernel [4/04/11]
    Siniziba likes this.
    04-23-2011 10:28 AM
    here's a list of all dalingrin's kernels:http://nook.handhelds.ru/dalingrin/kernels/
    04-23-2011 11:08 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD