[HOW-TO] Overclock Nook to 1100MHz (stock + nookie)

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I've ran into a problem. I overclocked it, selected "clear cache & data" after selecting the file through ROM manager. I've lost everything. My screen is the initial screen when rooting NC and my screen doesn't recognize my touch. I need help. Can I get back to where I was?

Update: It's wiped everything clean...under Settings I'm not registered as the owner now.

After selecting " Install from SD Card" there are 2 options. backup or wipe clean (i think), which one is the correct one to select?

Yeah, you wiped your data. I think you clicked on the wrong menu. Install from SD should only let you choose a zip - not wipe your data or backup.

If everything works fine, you may not need to restore to stock in order to continue re-downloading all your apps, but if you get any errors, that will be what to do (see stickied restore to stock thread).

At this point, the only way to get your data back (aside from manually re-installing everything you had) is if you backed up via Clockwork or something like Titanium Backup.

sdown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't even get to any applications...it's taking me first to the stock Nook Color screen>two options: Quickstart or Setup Wizard> setup wizard doesn't allow me to interact with the screen when pressing the android icon robot.

not sure how to solve this. I think I hadn't backed up my data with Titanium yet (lesson to all!) but at this point, how can I get back to normal to re-root?

UPDATE: I'm at the CLockworkMod Recovery system screen from booting it up. Gives options like-reboot system, factory reset, wipe cache partition, etc. suggestions on not losing it all from here?

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I can't even get to any applications...it's taking me first to the stock Nook Color screen>two options: Quickstart or Setup Wizard> setup wizard doesn't allow me to interact with the screen when pressing the android icon robot.

not sure how to solve this. I think I hadn't backed up my data with Titanium yet (lesson to all!) but at this point, how can I get back to normal to re-root?

Check out the stickied restore to stock thread. That'll give you everything you need.

In response to your update, no, you've already lost it all because you wiped your data partition. But if you have clockwork going, you can have an easier process restoring to stock. Everything you need is in that thread.

Reactions: sdown

robt1

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
a dumb question...but...

using the internal memory method, does uImage to into my c:\android-sdk-windows folder or my c:\android-sdk-windows\program-tools folder?

I have it on the C drive so I can just open a terminal and issue an adb command without having to CD into a directory, but "adb push uImage boottmp/uImage" doesn't see the file. Do I need to cd into the folder before issuing the command?

MoggSquad

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
All the links listed are dead...

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

NDchem2014

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So this means that it is stable at 1.1Ghz. If I do settings between 800 and 1100 Mhz, will it still be stable? Also, when it was first overclocked, 905Mhz I think, it was said that the voltage was actually turned down and might help with battery performance. Is that still the case with this new overclock? Maybe not for 1100Mhz but maybe for 950Mhz?

Sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm just wondering before I start playing with overclocking. Thank you! :)

artaq

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Any help with my (probably stupid) question above? Thanks.

Sent from my Nook Color (zoom2) using Tapatalk

Not stupid at all, I'm curious about this as well... Running stock speeds with Honeycomb and it's a bit sluggish... wondering if OC will help with performance and whether being at 1 vs 1.1 will notice a bigger difference.

EAK

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For some reason my nook is not seeing the uimage file in cwr. Any suggestions? Running stock rooted.
Found a zip file for the kernel and that did the trick.

Last edited:

WGallahad

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The link in the OP is for a Uimage.bin but the instructions are for using clockwork recovery mod which requires a zip. if you go the original post at XDA (link is in OP), you can download the zip at the bottom of the opening post on that page and follow the instructions Will listed.

studio_jrf

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok I am overclocked at 1.1 GHZ. Tested at 1112. Everything is running good. I had a little issue with touchscreen but seems like you just close the scree and that helps. Also stopped using the gingerbread keyboard. Not sure if the issues are related or not. But right now I am a happy camper!

rootkit123

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have two Nookie Froyo cards. One uses the basic kernel and the other uses the 1100 overclock. The builds are identical -- same apps, everything -- other than the kernels. I'm getting massive "force close" messages on the overclock card. I know there are a lot of lurking variables, but has anyone attributed crazy force closes to the use of the overclock up to this point? Just wondering... It's unusable for me.

Anoxymoron

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
And what do we do if we cannot get out of clockwork recovery?
Yeah this happened to me today and I ended up having to restore my nook back to factory stock and re-root all over again. Very disappointed.

Can I get a more noob-friendly set of instructions for this whole overclocking the kernel business?

Like when you say add the .zip file to the root of the SD card, am I supposed to just drag and drop it in there, or do I need to do that whole terminal ordeal to put the .img file on there? (I'm on a Mac)

I apologize if these are ridiculous questions, but most of this stuff is just way over my head, but I've made it this far so I'd like to make my nook the best it can be.

dajo#AC

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this happened to me today and I ended up having to restore my nook back to factory stock and re-root all over again. Very disappointed.

Can I get a more noob-friendly set of instructions for this whole overclocking the kernel business?

Like when you say add the .zip file to the root of the SD card, am I supposed to just drag and drop it in there, or do I need to do that whole terminal ordeal to put the .img file on there? (I'm on a Mac)

I apologize if these are ridiculous questions, but most of this stuff is just way over my head, but I've made it this far so I'd like to make my nook the best it can be.
2nd this... I got stuck in clockwork recovery and had to start over. Hopefully the process can be improved on...