[HOW-TO] Overclock Nook to 1100MHz (stock + nookie)

saulleibow

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
OC Help

Can someone please take the time to let me know where this is

Place it in your SDK tools directory

on my computer, I have searched but to now avail

keitaro_252

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
...So I fallow the steps as best I could ( noob )... the nook booted in to clockworkmod and then tried to exit clockworkmod no success, got stuck in a rebootloop...

I tried a "restore" in clockworkmod, worked but i'm still stuck in the loop
Then tried a factory reset, worked but im still stuck in the loop

Any way of getting out of the loop?

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
i have a nook with stock rooted on the internal memory and nookie froyo on a micro sd...do i need to do it twice for each os or just once

Anoxymoron

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
...So I fallow the steps as best I could ( noob )... the nook booted in to clockworkmod and then tried to exit clockworkmod no success, got stuck in a rebootloop...

I tried a "restore" in clockworkmod, worked but i'm still stuck in the loop
Then tried a factory reset, worked but im still stuck in the loop

Any way of getting out of the loop?

Try flashing this zip from your SD card to remove Clockwork.

This one will keep your root:
CWR-removal-rootsafe.zip
This one wont:
CWR-removal.zip

lehons

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I was running rooted stock updated to 1.1, now am having the same problem (stuck in CWR loop). I've tried searching the forums and google, and am not sure what to do now.
Should I try wiping the caches and flashing an overclock kernel? Should I try flashing the CWR-removal-rootsafe.zip? Have I lost my system and now have to start over? Did I do something wrong (followed the instructions in this Sticky, haven't wiped any caches or anything)?

keitaro_252

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help, buy I lost my patients and wiped the nook and went to Stock... at least now i'm Really familiar with rooting as I've ad to do it twice now XD

lehons

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So I used the cwr-removal-rootsafe.zip, dropped into my SD root. Flashed in cwr, rebooted, and everything works fine again. I'm not overclocked but I'm just happy to have everything working again. I'll have to do some more research before trying again.
Thanks Anoxymoron

Anoxymoron

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So I used the cwr-removal-rootsafe.zip, dropped into my SD root. Flashed in cwr, rebooted, and everything works fine again. I'm not overclocked but I'm just happy to have everything working again. I'll have to do some more research before trying again.
Thanks Anoxymoron
No problem. Check out this guide for overclocking your nook: (How To) Installing/Using ClockworkMod, Rom manager, nandroid backup, custom kernels

And this helped me get around being stuck in clockwork after clearing the dalvik:
"Some users have reported that after clearing the dalvik cache in CWR (as part of the process to flash a custom kernel), the screen locks up and they are unable to return to the main recovery screen.

This was resolved by 1) hook up your nook to the wall charger, 2) hold the power button which will force a reboot, 3) after your nook reboots to its normal screen, restart the kernel flash procedure from the beginning, 4) after you clear the dalvik cache, do not touch anything for at least 30 seconds

After step 4, CWR usually doesn't lock up and you should be able to navigate back to the main recovery screen to finish the kernel flash process. For some reason or another, the nook just needs a little time after clearing the dalvik cache before you can press any buttons."

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
i have rooted stock on the internal memory and nookie froyo on my sd. do i need to overclock it twice for each one or do i just do it once?

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have verified that uImage is located in the root directory of my SD card. In ROM Manager, when I click on Install ROM from SD Card I don't see the file uImage. There is a file called clockworkmod/.

ideathief

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Im having an issue with actually overclocking in SetCPU after installing the update-eclair-dalingrin-OC-emmc-22311.zip file.

I boot into clockwork recovery, clear both caches and successfully install the update, but when I get into SetCPU the max speed is 528mhz, same as before. What am I missing? I've tried reinstalling the kernal 3 in case it didnt take or something.

micl9

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The link in the OP is for a Uimage.bin but the instructions are for using clockwork recovery mod which requires a zip. if you go the original post at XDA (link is in OP), you can download the zip at the bottom of the opening post on that page and follow the instructions Will listed.
Can you post the exact filename you used for stock rooted?

Try flashing this zip from your SD card to remove Clockwork.

This one will keep your root:
CWR-removal-rootsafe.zip
This one wont:
CWR-removal.zip
THANKS! Like others I got stuck in "the loop"

nikkai

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I hate to add to all the cries for help... but help. =(

What I've done:

Stock 1.0.1
-Autonooted 2.12.25
Took steps to activate etc

-But I chose NOT to flash CWR - (Was concerned about choosing Nook vs Nook (old) )

-Instead I booted from a bootable CWR uSD

-I sideloaded Decad3nce's Nook Color V1.1.0_r2 ROM from there (without wiping anything per his instructions)

-Again, not much of a hitch (though the first time I did this, it was fine, but then got stuck in the Touch the Future of Reading boot loop, which forced me to redo it)

-Then again, using the bootable CWR, I updated the kernel with update-eclair-dalingrin-OC-emmc-22311.zip
- Weird thing - after wiping dalvik cache, CWR locked up (which I think was reported)
- I reset, try wiping again, locks up
- I reset, and just flash the kernel

Boots fine, SetCPU 1.1/600. Works fine all night.

This morning, turn it on and it's stuck in the touch-loop.

What gives? Any help is appreciated - I'm a little tired of having to reset this thing back to stock so many times.

**edit: Oh and now when I plug it in, the NC keeps trying to turn on even after I power off - and gets stuck at the touch loop

crispian

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just a warning to those with the same set up as me (NC, 1.1.0, rooted with autonooter 3.0.0).

When you have installed ROM Manager from the Market and you do "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery", when it asks you to choose your phone-

If you are installing any CM or CM-based ROM, you need to select "Nook Color". (Giving you CWR v3.0.0.6 which is ext4)

If you are installing a B&N or Stock Rom (1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.1.0, Eclair, Froyo), you need to select "Nook Color (Old)". (Giving you CWR v3.0.0.5 which is ext3).

I chose "Nook Color" the first time and then flashed the Dalingrin OC kernel and lost access to the Market. I had to remove CWM and try it again a few times before I finally chose "Nook Color (old)" and flashed the OC kernel again and all was joy :)

Also- Make sure after you flash CWM you reboot your NC before going back into ROM Manger and choosing "Reboot into Recovery", then wipe both the Cache and the Davlik cache before flashing the OC kernel!

See this thread

Last edited:

mistertwo

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm running 1.1.0/rooted with autonooter 3.0.0 also but am having trouble getting overclocked. I originally flashed CWR v3.0.0.6 but didn't lose access to the market. I then flashedCWR v3.0.0.5, cleared cache, cleared davlik cache at which point the phone seemed to lock up. I rebooted and flashed the OC kernel but still aren't able to overclock using SetCPU. Is anyone having any issues after clearing davlik cache?

Edit: I downloaded the kernels from the androidtablets.net thread and they are working for me. Thanks to crispian for posting that link.

Last edited:

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It seems that this thread has turned into a "problem" thread with no solutions.

Our problems are either so far over these guys heads that no one has any answers or we are a collection of dumb asses not worthy of attention.

Either way, I'm cool with my NC.

Really I can see how a novice such as myself can be very frustrating to the devs. In their minds telling me something so simple that I should already know is like having to tell me to wipe my ass after I crap. I understand that. I am an expert in other areas. I've had to correct myself for making the same assumptions with my clients, employees, etc.

I decided tonight I'm gonna give my youngest son my ipod. Who needs it? Between my dInc and my NC I've got all bases covered.

Thanks for a great forum.

Joey

leorob

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The links to the dropbox files are giving an error message (403). Cannot get to files. It says "it seems you don't belong here"
Can you post other links to these overclocking files?
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie