I have a rooted NC with Autonooter and use Zeam launcher.
    Nearly everything works great except the other book services software: Kindle app and Google Books.

I have installed, rebooted, uninstalled and repeated to no avail.

With the Kindle App, I login and it will retrieve a list of my books but fails when downloading. The error reads "Sync Failed" or "Error Downloading" depending on which screen you are in.

With Google Books, the app starts, I see 3 books with syncing icons then the screen goes blank. Prior to this last install, the screen would go blank and return to my homescreen (Zeam). Now it just stays blank.

I have juicedefender installed but have it disabled right now to insure it is not causing problems.

Both apps I am getting from Android Market.

UPDATE 1: Google books is now going blank and returning me to my home screen as it did previously.
    01-15-2011 12:46 PM
    Google Books crashing is a known issue with the rooted stock ROM.

I'm not sure what's causing the Kindle problem for you, as many people are getting full use out of the Kindle app (aside from problems purchasing books through the app...easily remedied by purchasing through the browser) . . .

Have you tried on a different wifi network? Maybe there's a port being blocked? That's the best I can give you as I--and countless others--have used Kindle without that happening. :-/
    01-15-2011 02:39 PM
    It is my home wi-fi, but I will double check. It seems odd that it is successfully getting the book titles but failing to get the book.

Perhaps that was not clear in my original post. I see a list of all my kindle books with a failed message beside each.

Is there any debugging software available or the equivalent of Windows event viewer?
    01-15-2011 04:29 PM
    It is my home wi-fi, but I will double check. It seems odd that it is successfully getting the book titles but failing to get the book.

Perhaps that was not clear in my original post. I see a list of all my kindle books with a failed message beside each.

Is there any debugging software available or the equivalent of Windows event viewer?
    If you have adb, you could run a logcat, but unless you have extensive knowledge with that kinda stuff, it probably wouldn't tell you much (I'd help if I had more experience in that arena). You could always read up on it and give it a shot.

Maybe another thing to try would be wiping Kindle's data with Titanium Backup, rebooting, and trying again. If you already uninstalled/reinstalled and it didn't work, this probably won't either... but who knows?
    01-15-2011 05:45 PM
    I don't have adb, yet. But I am using aLogcat from the market place then filtering on "amazon." no errors that i can see but i don't know much.
    01-15-2011 06:16 PM
    I had to re-root and everything was fine.
    01-31-2011 09:17 AM
    I had the same problem, try going to settings and turn off wifi then turn it back on check to see that your browser is working. that worked for me
    01-31-2011 10:39 AM
    I just rooted with the 1.1.0 B&N+Root that's linked here. A GREAT root that restores pinch and zoom, loads the new Android market, faster browsing....BUT, it hides the Kindle app. It's no longer visable. But it's there -- I can uninstall and re-install it. No great shakes, as I wasn't intending to use the Color as a Kindle e-reader, but...

Has anyone else seen this happen? Is B&N purposely blocking Kindle through a start-up file in the latest 1.1 update?
    01-31-2011 11:23 AM
    I ran the 1.1.0 B&B + Root and had no problems with my Kindle app.
    02-01-2011 08:41 AM
    I too get failures when trying to open any books within the kindle app. I used the autonooter method with 1.0.1. So you folks are having good results with the 1.1.0 root method?
    02-01-2011 09:00 AM
    I too get failures when trying to open any books within the kindle app. I used the autonooter method with 1.0.1. So you folks are having good results with the 1.1.0 root method?
    02-01-2011 11:57 AM
    1.1.0 just needed a full power down, then power up again to get Kindle app visable again and running. It immediately wanted an update as well.

I'm thinking that is troubleshooting 101 for these devices-- power down and power up as first diagnosis of problem.
    02-01-2011 12:54 PM
    I used the AutoNooter with 1.0.1, and then ran the 1.1.0 + Pre Root, and have yet to have an issue. I have 4 Kindle books, and can open/read all of them. Just went and tried snagging one of the free e-books since I hadn't added anything since applying the update, loaded fine, no errors opening... odd that you guys are getting errors : /
    02-01-2011 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD