Promising signs for CM7 on NOOKcolor

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
This posted by ciwrl on cyanogen's website, regarding cyanogen on the nook:

"Thedood and Attn1 have both picked one up; along with Fattire and others, they are working on CM7 (actually have it booted and running). Stay tuned"

Of course CM7 is based off of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), and would bring a whole new bag of "holy crap!" to the nook.

source link

tangomonky

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Would be nice. I really want to get a fully functional 2.3 or 2.2 running on my nook. The Nookie hack really isnt the same. Have more functionality with my 2.1.

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Ohhhhhh, after the post today about CM7 on the Galaxy Tab, I can only hope and dream that it's on the way for the NC shortly :D

ben dover

May 25, 2010
Visit site
the tab cm7 is just a port. cyanogen will be supporting the nook as one of the CM devices. who knows if the tab will ever be a part of CM.

rootkit123

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Posted by dalingrin to CyanogenMod forums [source]...
The primary trouble we are having with the CM7 port is "sleep death." Prior to now we have assumed sleep was working on other versions of Android as they appeared to be sleeping and resuming without issue. However, we have come to the realization that no version of Android is able to sleep with a kernel compiled from B&N source. It seems B&N has not given us the proper source code for the kernel.
All of our effort is now centered on getting a 2.6.32 kernel and going from there.

I've been following CM7's effort since mid-January, and this is the first negative news I've heard of. It sounds like it could possibly be a big setback, especially for hopes of seeing CM7 for the NC sometime this month.

EDIT as of 14FEB11: There's been a recent smattering of posts from dalingrin and fat-tire on the CM7 development. It sounds like it'll be at least March before we see CM7 for the NC. It's unfortunate -- so much enthusiasm has gone into the partial build of honeycomb that people are forgetting about CM7, and as a result CM7 is moving forward much more slowly than it did in mid-January. Fingers crossed, but it doesn't look good...

Last edited: