Swype on Nook Color?

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get the Swype keyboard working on their NC? If not, how about the SlideIt keyboard? I've tried downloading the free version to see if I could get it to work, but it never would.

Any help appreciated!

Scott

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get the Swype keyboard working on their NC? If not, how about the SlideIt keyboard? I've tried downloading the free version to see if I could get it to work, but it never would.

Any help appreciated!

Scott

There's a way to get Swype on nookie froyo, but it involves using the Galaxy Tab version of Swype, and that's a no-no for posting in forums and whatnot. There's currently no way I'm aware of to get Swype on the rooted stock ROM.

I used to be a loyal Swype user, but in working with the nook, I've actually discovered that I really like SlideIT. It works on both stock (instructions in the Work-Arounds for stock ROM thread) and nookie (simply install it from the market).

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I think SlideIT paid version may install properly direct from market. I posted my experience with this in a thread called something like SlideIT tips. I'm posting this from my nook using SlideIT but I haven't installed copypaste yet so I can't copy the link into my post. just click on my username and look for all threads started by...

Last edited:

GerryRGerry

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried to insall the paid version from the market. It says it has installed, but I cannot find any evidence of it on my nook. I cannot get it to install. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

swoozle

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There's a thread on XDA about installing swype on a stock rooted nook and it works just great. In fact I just used swype to write this reply. Really cool. :)