Some Basic Issues With Rooted NC

Pharmduq64

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys couple of problems with my rooted NC. First off the rooting was seamless, no problems at all, took about 15-20 min for anyone who wants to try. But I have noticed some minor issues that I wanted to see if anyone had a work-around or fix for. I rooted using Auto-Nooter 2.12.25.

Pinch to Zoom does not seem to work with any apps - ex: angry birds, browser, etc.
Cannot change dock icons in Launcher Pro
Unable to get live wallpapers to work (they will not load)
In market only about 10 apps show up (I am not able to scroll down to see more)
Moving icons and widgets on the homescreen is very difficult (I am assuming this is because they don't scale correctly?) I can resize, but moving them is almost impossible, they just relocate to their previous spot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very excited about the NC, it is perfect for what I need. Larger screen for reading and web surfing, while tethered to my Rooted Droid.

Thanks!

NDchem2014

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Downloading the new market apk and installing that will fix your scroll issue while in portrait mode.

Here's the post about getting it:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/barnes-noble-nook-color/54221-new-market-nc.html#post532328

I haven't had a problem with pinch to zoom.

I use Zeam launcher and haven't had a problem with apps. Can't create a shortcut though, you need to long hold in the app drawer to add one to the home screen.

For the widgets moving issue, try upping the number of rows and columns the launcher has on the home screen. It might be an issue that it doesn't have enough and won't allow placement off from the set row or column.

Most of the live wallpapers will not work for me either. However, the ones that do are as follows: Polar Clock, Spectrum, Waveform, VU meter, Many and Maps. Those are the only ones.

Hope this helps. :)

Pharmduq64

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Landscape mode seems to fix the market scroll issue, thanks guys, will try the new market this week when I get a chance.

Will also try different launcher, but I have seen videos of fully functioning LauncherPro, so I will mess with it some more.

Still can't get pinch to zoom to work. It doesn't seem to work on anything, (maps, various browsers, games). I have tried everything. Let me know if anyone thinks of anything else.

Thanks again.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
It sound like multi-touch might not be working. Rooting enables multi-touch so you may need to restore to factory and re-root.

You can try one of the multi-touch test apps from the market to check it out first.