Won't boot up with sd card

tblack2#CB

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I booted wife's nook last week. Went stock to try to isolate a problem. Then go and load SD card and it won't boot up with card. Put card back into reader, it seems ok. Booted up five times without card, nothing with card.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My GF sister has a nook, can you clear up that so a noob can get it?

Well an SD can only boot in the nook if a bootable image is put onto the SD card. It sounds like he was describing Nookie Froyo ROM not booting. So in that case, I'd recommend visiting the stickied "run nookie froyo off of SD" thread, and starting from scratch by "burning" the nookie image onto the card again.

NDchem2014

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It wont' turn on with the sd card in the slot? And you have the nook stock right now correct? Not rooted or anything? Did you make sure you formated the sd card from having the rooting image on it? If the sd card still has the rooting image on it then it won't boot. I had the same problem.

tblack2#CB

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Formatted. Put card in running nook, recognized it. Reboot with blank card, turned on fine. Put files back on card, wont turn on. I checked the files and they are the same 4.

jsu9

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

What are you supposed to do with the cable? I think I am having the same problem. Imaged the SD card, turn on Nook, but it boots to the stock firmware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek