NC slow, lots of Force Close, and reboots?

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
...try another SC card!

I purchased 2 new 16gb class 10 cards thinking they would be great for booting the NC into. I got tons of crashes, slow performance, reboots, etc, etc.

Thining the NC was just unstable via the SD card I finally tried an older 4gb card and...poof! It is fast, rock solid, and all in all an amazing tablet.

YMMV.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
...try another SC card!

I purchased 2 new 16gb class 10 cards thinking they would be great for booting the NC into. I got tons of crashes, slow performance, reboots, etc, etc.

Thining the NC was just unstable via the SD card I finally tried an older 4gb card and...poof! It is fast, rock solid, and all in all an amazing tablet.

YMMV.

Are they real class 10 cards? There's a lot of SD card scams from ebay/3rd party/china retailers. Unless you bought from a reputable vendor, I would suggest testing out that you indeed have a good card.

Do some speed tests with your cards using a SD card reader. Also, transfer 15gb+ worth of files into there and make sure you really have the right capacity. The current scam is to the take a smaller & slower capacity card, slap a new sticker on it and reformat to the higher capacity.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that are really class 10. They came from Newegg so it was not an eBay think and they are in retail packaging but they just don't work.

I am RMAing both of them and will invest in a better card.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that are really class 10. They came from Newegg so it was not an eBay think and they are in retail packaging but they just don't work.

I am RMAing both of them and will invest in a better card.

Care to share which brand they were?

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Sure. I ordered the "WINTEC FileMate 16GB Mobile Professional Class 10 microSDHC Card with SDHC Adapter" from Newegg.com

Both cards that I ordered have failed.

Reactions: b0ricua

icyjones

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered that Transcend card, and it should be here tomorrow. I don't have a nook color yet though (waiting on a gift card from the credit card company). I'll run some tests on it though, with my evo and on the pc.

mikipedia

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just got my patriot class 10 16GB in the mail. Tried Nookie and everything went fine, now I get reboots also. Bought it also from Newegg. They have only good things to say about it as far as I can tell and I thought Patriot was a pretty good brand. Should I RMA?

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Those with crazy force closes and reboots, try flashing clockwork recovery (via ROM manager) and choosing 'Wipe Cache.'

...Or just install nookie internally (if you're up for more advanced command line instructions). Much faster than even a class 10 SD.

mikipedia

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Will, I can certainly try that. Could you just explain the process. I mean I have rooted my phone and reflashed many roms before. I was just wondering how that works with running the Froyo from SD card. Should the rom be on the card already and then just simply selecting the rom and reflashing it. It is just going relflash what is on the SD card and not touch internals memory I assume. Sorry if this was covered elsewhere I have gone around so many forum threads my head is hurting. And thank you for your response.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi Will, I can certainly try that. Could you just explain the process. I mean I have rooted my phone and reflashed many roms before. I was just wondering how that works with running the Froyo from SD card. Should the rom be on the card already and then just simply selecting the rom and reflashing it. It is just going relflash what is on the SD card and not touch internals memory I assume. Sorry if this was covered elsewhere I have gone around so many forum threads my head is hurting. And thank you for your response.

No, much simpler. Get a market app called ROM manager, and choose the option to flash clockworkmod recovery. Then choose the option to boot into clockwork. Then wipe cache.

I think I heard that you can do this from nookie, but can't say for sure. You can definitely do it from the rooted stock ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers