[TIPS] for adb "device not found" error

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've struggled with this issue as well, for many days on end.
WIRELESS ADB will work, once you have the market installed ;-)

But I too wanted a hardwired debug interface, just loaded Froydo on SD
and need market installed. While I followed Bills link in the froydo-sd thread
I did find this---

I could get it to connect and see the device (this was on NC rooted rom).
After that what I did was repetitive connects, to see if once the usb was
disconnected and reconnected if it would discover the device again.

I basically found once connected I needed to poweroff the NC before I'd
be able to make another connection, don't know why just know those were
the steps.

WS64

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally success!
What helped:
Unmount the nook from your pc, go into the app NookColor Tools and click All Settings->Development then uncheck Auto Mount. This will prevent the SD card from being mounted automatically when plugged into the PC

After that I removed the VID_2080 card reader again and let Windows search for new hardware. It found the Nook and installed it as the ADB Composite interface, and ADB for the first time finds my Nook!

Reactions: RenegadeNY

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Booting from SD card

Does anyone have any suggestions on this. I have froyo 0.6.7 (Ibeleive that is the correct build number) burned to an sd card to boot from card not flash to rom. I can see the nook coclor under disk drives and storage but nothing shows up as android in device manager. My question is this
1 is there way possible to get GAPPS and market onto this card so it will boot when the card is inserted. Th ADB way has beat me down.
2 Is there a way to get the wireless adb onto the card so it will boot when the card is inserted.

I am a newbie and enjoy challenges but this is getting to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated

BTW NC is rooted V1.1 i dont want to lose this thats why i opted to boot from sd card.

Thanks

RenegadeNY

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you know that your tip to disable auto mount was the only thing that worked!!!! I searched dozens of forums and nothing had my serial showing in the device list.. nothing!

Thanks man!

techienana

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this may seem simplistic, but very often when I get the device not found message, I have not turned on usb storage on the NC itself. I am just throwing this out there because I see a post above where the poster mentions that once he did this, that problem was solved. If you are already clued into this, ignore my post. If you are like me and expect Win7 to do all the work, then be sure and check that you have turned on usb storage. Just pull down the drawer, choose the notification that says usb connection and then at the bottom of the new screen that opens, just press/touch "Turn on USB storage".

Like I said, if this helps, great! If it doesn't, at least it's out there now.

dtripod69

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Still having a problem.

Ok I just can't get my nook color to attach to ADB. I have followed all the directions I could find that I could understand(newbie).

Here is where I am at:
Running winXP
Nook color with Honeycomb image on SD
I have installed the SDK and drivers.
Nook shows up in device manager as Android ADB composite interface
Device Type: Android phone
Manufacturer: Google, Inc.
Device Status: Device is working properly

Driver Version: 2.0.10.2

When I do a adb devices nothing shows up.
USB debugging is "on" on the nook.
Tried killing and restarting server and rebooting nook a million times over the last several days. Uninstalled the device and re-installed drivers. It looks right but adb device shows nothing.

Nook color $250, 16 gig sd card $30, value of time spent trying to get this thing to work 1.2 million dollars!!

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this may seem simplistic, but very often when I get the device not found message, I have not turned on usb storage on the NC itself. I am just throwing this out there because I see a post above where the poster mentions that once he did this, that problem was solved. If you are already clued into this, ignore my post. If you are like me and expect Win7 to do all the work, then be sure and check that you have turned on usb storage. Just pull down the drawer, choose the notification that says usb connection and then at the bottom of the new screen that opens, just press/touch "Turn on USB storage".

Like I said, if this helps, great! If it doesn't, at least it's out there now.

You're way ahead of me. When I first tried it I didn't know I had to have the Nook connected to the PC. The instructions didn't say to do so... Then I had a "duh" moment. Apparently you can never underestimate the cluelessness of the user (me). :D

getmoneynyc

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Finally success!
What helped:
Unmount the nook from your pc, go into the app NookColor Tools and click All Settings->Development then uncheck Auto Mount. This will prevent the SD card from being mounted automatically when plugged into the PC

After that I removed the VID_2080 card reader again and let Windows search for new hardware. It found the Nook and installed it as the ADB Composite interface, and ADB for the first time finds my Nook!
By Nook Color Tools you mean on the Nook's Original O/S or honeycomb/froyo?

getmoneynyc

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm a complete noob at this. I've tried uninstalling and installing drivers. My device is recognized in device manager as Android Composite ADB Interface. Under disk drives i get two B&N EBook USB Device. I have the USB Composite Device and USB Mass Storage devices as well showing up with the 2080 id thing. When i type in "adb devices" in cmd prompt it says "List of devices" but i dont see my serial # at all. Any help at all would be appreciated. And please dumb it down for me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781