[HOW-TO] Download/Install Honeycomb to Nook Color (SD card)

SpenserS

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Im assuming there is no other way to get the market...I know very little about adb and was wondering if I could get the market another way...

zepper#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded WinImage under "disk" there is no Restore Virtual Image to Physical Drive. There is restore virtual hard disk image on Physical drive.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Full 3.0...less sound and root. Also this was built with a preview sdk. When the full sdk is released we should get more functionality.

This is awesome work by the way.

sent from my rooted NookColor

Reactions: mklein#AC

TKEMerph

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Im in command prompt, but when i input the first line it says Device not found.. I have the nook hooked up through USB.

on the Nook - there isn't any notification that my NC is connected to PC..

Keep Getting device not found :(

jonapga

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a question on where to put the market and Google services apks

The main folder for android sdk is "android-sdk-windows"
in there there is a "Tools" folder but adb.exe is not in there
adb.exe is located in "android-sdk-windows\platform-tools"

quoting form the instructions step 3 "Place the files in your adb tools folder"

where should i place the files?

jonapga

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This one: android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

At least that's where I put them and they worked for me :)

thanks, I was actually going to post that thats what worked for me, you beat me to it.

I love honeycomb, this is what android needed, a better UI!

aludal

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Will Shanklin:
....Making items on your screen larger:

The LCD Density is 133, so everything will be pretty small. You can change this manually by editing your build.prop file, but when I tried, anything larger than 160 or so caused crashes. 150 works well for me. If you want, you can simply download this build.prop preset at 150, place it in your sdk tools directory and, with your nook connected, type:

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system

adb push build.prop system/build.prop

adb reboot

Quite interesting observation, Will, thank you.
My take on this is this build's 133 dpi density has somehow "hard-coded" into Honeycomb of deeper-blue. Hopefully a re-build of the same with "correct" 169.3333 dpi may improve not only GUI looks, but actually help with turning the HW acceleration on. My theory (and I could be 100 times wrong in this) is the present NC framebuffer driver has also a hardcoded "169.3333" dpi value in it, and not only that, but it's indicated in TWO values in build.prop: one for "x", another the same for "y". Looks to me as an attempt to engage hardware acceleration.
In other words, if physical pixel density (and not imaginary dithered) is important, I would give up on any "LCD density changer" any day, and go with HW acceleration if its availability depends on real screen parameters taken into account.
-----------------------
fineoils.blogspot.com

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that's not working for me is the Market. I can get into it and authenticate, but I can't actually install anything. Is there a fix that I may have missed?

Reactions: rmo97

chadly48

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there anywhere else to get the Market and GoogleServicesFramework.apk? When I click on the links to download these files nothing happens, it seems like the site is down or the links aren't working.

Reactions: 318sugarhill

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there anywhere else to get the Market and GoogleServicesFramework.apk? When I click on the links to download these files nothing happens, it seems like the site is down or the links aren't working.

Working fine for me. It's my account, but I don't think that matters here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL