[HOW-TO] Download/Install Honeycomb to Nook Color (SD card)

restodaveny

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
honey comb

I downloaded Honey comb it works but wont connect to wifi it reverted to 2.2 once than i rebooted into honeycomb tried again and it froze. Also how do i view my book shelve or is that gone now?

cvc56

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
This is a 7zip version of the nookhoney.img. I don't have winrar so I used this image file with 7zip to extract it. It works fine. Just use winimage to burn it.

restodaveny

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
This is a 7zip version of the nookhoney.img. I don't have winrar so I used this image file with 7zip to extract it. It works fine. Just use winimage to burn it.

i have honey comb working but cant use wifi (freezes or errors) and is the book shelve gone ?
the wifi reads my router but freezes when i try WPS or errors when i use password

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright, seem to be stuck on the A N D R O I D _ boot screen...then it just starts over again. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Chad

This is exactly what I get. I've re-burned the image after re-downloading.

Burning with Win 7 and WinImage (administrator)

After the image is on the card, removed the card and put it into my Nook (when it was off) and then booted on.

Just sits at A N D R O I D _ in the top left corner when holding the nook upright.

This seems like I'm missing a step but I'm not. I'm running Nook stock 1.0.1

Please help.

abarron

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Honeycomb went without a hitch. I see all my apps in market, but I get download failure messages when I try to reinstall them. Wifi connected just fine as a matter of fact better then when running Nookie internal. I assume the download failures may be related to the SD card format?? But what a beautiful UI. Something to look forward to.

Andy

restodaveny

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Honeycomb went without a hitch. I see all my apps in market, but I get download failure messages when I try to reinstall them. Wifi connected just fine as a matter of fact better then when running Nookie internal. I assume the download failures may be related to the SD card format?? But what a beautiful UI. Something to look forward to.

Andy

Thanks for letting me know your wifi works i will try re imaging it maybe that will help

vetteman30

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

Andy

Ditto for me. No problems loading and getting the market loaded (even if it won't download).

The Honeycomb UI is beautiful. WiFi works great. Really looking forward to the future releases as things get worked out.

Awesome job, developers!!

Last edited:

eyew

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
How easy did you expect it to be?

- Mark

I followed the steps outlined on a Mac and it was dead easy and all the installation steps worked without a hitch. I've had problems getting ADB to work on my W7 without the right drivers etc but not with OSX.

I tried installing some of my dev APK files which work on Nookie Froyo but got some deployment errors and didn't work, which I guess is not unexpected.

eyew

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I think ability to download apps would be more useful than sound but I wonder if existing apps are supposed to work with Honeycomb as is or if they have to be ported somehow.