[HOW-TO] Flashable Zip: Install Honeycomb to Internal Memory (eMMC) of Nook Color

sboeckman

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
ClockworkMod recovery image link is broken...says there is a new version but no link to get to it. Can you update with the working link -Thanks!! And thank you for all your efforts, you rock dude!

stantron

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Is it necessary to go through the initial setup of the NC if I plan on installing HCv4 eMMC immediately?

I am going to unwrap my NC tomorrow but dont want to waste time going through the junk setup questions if i can just boot from my microSD and get Honeycomb on there right out of the box.

Any thoughts?

Ktrout

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey that works great. Ok so how do I delete the old gallery.... thru the adb I guess

Flipper and SlipperyPete, I've had the same issues with gallery and with accessing files via usb on win 7 x64. Thanks for the tip on gallery. I'll try that. No idea what to do on the usb access.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Flipper and SlipperyPete, I've had the same issues with gallery and with accessing files via usb on win 7 x64. Thanks for the tip on gallery. I'll try that. No idea what to do on the usb access.

I reinstalled the root access and still I am not able to delete some files as the old gallery. Not sure why. I wonder if you need to do this thru adb? Or directly just delete on the device NC.

thunderstruck

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm stuck with Titanium Backup not being able to get root privileges. I know it says on the first page to back everything up, and I do own a legitimate license for it, but it doesn't get past the point of needing root. It wouldn't be a big thing, but when you have to do a fresh install for an SD based update, that means wiping everything you've done.

snooker

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the great work and help us amateurs to get it working. Great and easy to follow instructions. I had significant problems getting win32diskimager to work on multiple uSD cards, it would work on the thumb drives but not the uSD. Then I downgraded it to version 1.5 and it worked fine, then stopped working, I formatted the card and they it would not rewrite to the same uSD. Since it was partitioned (I guess) as a boot drive I was able to just copy over the files from the thumb drive to the uSD and it worked.
I also had quite a few problems running win32diskimager as an admin in Vista, even though I thought I was an admin.. I hope this link helps people in a similar situation:
Logon Windows Vista as Administrator — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows Vista tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides

Thanks again

cobrew

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I reinstalled the root access and still I am not able to delete some files as the old gallery. Not sure why. I wonder if you need to do this thru adb? Or directly just delete on the device NC.

I tried using Astro to uninstall Gallery and wasn't able to. If anyone has any luck with the gallery issue, please post it here. TIA

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Astro huh?

That was a good try. Didn't think of that......... Oh well.

I still think it is a adb thing. Just need to know the switch.

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Astro huh?

That was a good try. Didn't think of that......... Oh well.

I still think it is a adb thing. Just need to know the switch.

if you have root access on HC, you will be able to remove system apps.

the command on adb :
Be really careful this comand will delete permanently the apk or file.

rm -r /system/app/[AppName].apk

Reactions: jdilla420

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
It says...........

'rm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

adb shell rm/system/app/[NameofAPK].apk
exit

make sure you have the correct apk name, becarefull the command will delete the app permanently.
let me know if it works,

Last edited:

jamie_walker

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
help

i followed the steps when i did the format boot my nook wouldn't let me go back to do the install from zip i shut down and now it wont BOOT!! HELP Please

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
adb shell rm/system/app/[NameofAPK].apk
exit

make sure you have the correct apk name, becarefull the command will delete the app permanently.
let me know if it works,

Worked great!

I just needed to put a space between the "rm" and the"/" Like this:

adb shell rm /system/app/Gallery.apk

And then it worked. Gallery gone.

Thanks again.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
you are correct, the space is need it.
Glad that it work,

Ok now we just need to find out how to make windows see the MicroSD I have inserted and the partition of memory that we can write to. They are there and show but grayed out.

2-15-20116-14-02AM.jpg

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes one partition on internal memory but also with me the 32GB MicroSD Calss 10 card I have inserted. Makes 2 for me. Still cannot access them.

Can you access them in win7 and see the contents?