[HOW-TO] Flashable Zip: Install Honeycomb to Internal Memory (eMMC) of Nook Color

abarron

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I notice in this procedure you format the boot partition. Will this keep one from going back to "Nookie on internal" since the boot partition format was not part of the "Nookie on internal" procedure.

thanks Andy

gayborg1

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
After applying the zip file of HC v4, HC booted beautifully. Only real problem I have is that Market does not recognize most of the downloads. Even after clearing cache (for Google Services Framework) in Settings/application, force close, and then force close Market (I rebooted after), I was able to load some of the downloaded apps. The others came up with errors (including Angry Birds Seasons). I will reload again tonight with HC v4 using the command lines ... to see if that works better.

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Is the flashable zip already rooted? I thought I had read that it was, however I can not get titanium back up to launch properly, originally it said it had root, then the second time it didnt? I did install superuser as well.

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup, need Flash for my TV Shows Stream app.

Does anyone know how to change lcd density? Tried an app in the market, didn't really work.

Thumb Keyboard keeps force closing. Anyone find a good landscape keyboard yet?

rupes0610

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Installed using the flashable zip. Went under Settings, Applications>Manage Applications>Google Services Framework - and wiped data and forced stop. Still under Manage Applications, chose Market, and forced stop. Then rebooted. Still cannot download most apps. Getting Installation Error "Missing Shared Library" and "Unknown Reason - 18". Also, the original Angry Birds is missing from the marketplace. Why is this?

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
If you're doing the suggested fix for market downloads and it still has problems, you might want to go with the second method of installing Honeycomb via adb.

The zip is supposed to be rooted, but if you aren't getting root access, refer to the stickied root Honeycomb thread, only replace mmcblk1p2 with mmcblk0p5 in the commands.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Here is a easy way to take the clockworkmod file and burn it to you SD card. I have provided the program needed to do it.

Warning and disclaimer! If you mess up with SD card numbers, you can overwrite some important files (like, for example a hard drive). Also, I take no responsibility for any damage these instructions may cause. Remember, read everything that appears on screen, and read it twice. These instructions worked for me, but the may not work for you.

1. Prepare your SD Card
A bit of warning - these instructions will delete first partition of your SD card, but prevent "Access denied" errors.
Run cmd as Administrator
Start "diskpart"
Write "list disk", and make note of your SD Card disk number
Write "select disk [your SD card number]"
Write "select partition 1"
Write "delete partition"
Write "exit"

2. Flash clockworkmod image
Command line way
First, Unpack flashnul somewhere, and copy downloaded clockworkmod image into flashnul folder. Next, open cmd as Administrator and:
Navigate into "flashnul" directory created earlier
Write "flashnul -p -k", and write down you SD card number (not drive letter)
Write "flashnul [your SD card number] -P -k -L clockwork_1gb.img"
Wait until flashing finishes
Viola!

jrohrig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there will be a way to get the hulu app that some custom roms are using? With a good size screen it would be nice to be able to watch tv episodes on it. This is the only hesitation so far.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there will be a way to get the hulu app that some custom roms are using? With a good size screen it would be nice to be able to watch tv episodes on it. This is the only hesitation so far.

Flash isn't even working now, so the hacked Hulu app won't either. Maybe Netflix for Android will be out by then, who knows?

WHYCHUK

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Also, the original Angry Birds is missing from the marketplace. Why is this?

I'm not sure why it is missing, but it WILL run on the NOOK in Honeycomb. Do a Google search on your desktop for "Angry Birds apk download" and search around till you find it. Dowload (and unzip if it is zipped) and place it in your platform-tools folder. Then run a Command Prompt and navigate to platform-tools (or where ever your adb files are stored) and type "adb install [name_of_file.apk]" (without the quotes, of course). Wait for the computer to think for a bit and when it says "Install: Success" and then displays your cursor flashing next to the path to your platform-tools folder again, then you should see Angry Birds installed on your device! :D

willmsbrg

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've not tried to check root access on the zip yet but, I actually have been able to side-load apps using the Android sideload wonder machine and it works perfectly for me.

In my case I had to make sure the device is identified and no other android device is plugged into the pc when using it (phone) for example.

If one of the mods wants to verify it as well.. Not sure if anyone thought to give it a try. That might save some command line steps for some apps.

Will see if I can get a screen print here.

Last edited:

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
You can find the angry birds apk file and then download apk installer and see if that will install it. That way is slot easier. Just put the apk file on your card and then open apkinstaller. Navigate to file and install it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar