possible to use a headphone with mic on nook to make calls via skype, google talk ect

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
possible to use a headphone with mic on nook to make calls via skype, google talk ect? I would like to know before I buy a headset. Thanks!

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried a headset with mic in the nook and it didn't fit. I didn't want to force it in too far and break my nook. The headset Jack onbthe nook is a weak point I see, I have to plug my headphones in at least twice to get stereo output.

bwat1009

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If u are rooted and using CM7, you can turn on blue tooth connectivity and use a blue tooth headset to make calls. It does require though that you be registered with some sort of voice over ip service. There are many to choose from and some are free. I don't believe that you can use a service like google voice yet but there are discussions about that particular service somewhere in the forum (just haven't checked it in a while). If you want to use CM7 to turn on the bluetooth, you need to turn off the wi-fi then reboot the nook. Before turning on wifi again, go into bluetooth settings and activate it, then you can restart wifi. For some reason it won't activate if wifi is already started but once it is going it is ok to use both...

wimayhem

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
If u are rooted and using CM7, you can turn on blue tooth connectivity and use a blue tooth headset to make calls. It does require though that you be registered with some sort of voice over ip service. There are many to choose from and some are free. I don't believe that you can use a service like google voice yet but there are discussions about that particular service somewhere in the forum (just haven't checked it in a while). If you want to use CM7 to turn on the bluetooth, you need to turn off the wi-fi then reboot the nook. Before turning on wifi again, go into bluetooth settings and activate it, then you can restart wifi. For some reason it won't activate if wifi is already started but once it is going it is ok to use both...

I was unable to get this to work CM7 7.0.3 any thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781