Keeps rebooting into CWM, wtf?

mjbelknap

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Stock rooted, flashed CWM 3.0.0.5 through ROM Manager from the market. Made my backup, flashed a 950mhz kernal, tried to reboot and kept loading into recovery. Restored backup, still boots into recovery. I've even shut down, removed SD, still into recovery.

What am I missing?

weendex

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue last night. (in fact I was refreshing this thread hoping for a response).

I ended up sorting things out by using the CWM removal tool found here:
http://www.etoile-laconnex.com/CWR-removal-rootsafe.zip (credit does not go to me, but I am not sure who made it)

Put it on the SD card and run it like you did the kernel upgrade. Reboot and CWM will be gone and you should boot normally (although it took a few extra minutes for me to boot).

Apparently it happens due to a combination of 1.1 + autonooter + user error. Rebooting the nook after flashing CWM seems to be the important step that when missed causes this issue.

I don't know if this forum has a policy regarding linking to competing forums, but here is the thread at androidtablets that helped me solve the problem: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html

Last edited:
Reactions: mjbelknap

mjbelknap

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue last night. (in fact I was refreshing this thread hoping for a response).

I ended up sorting things out by using the CWM removal tool found here:
http://www.etoile-laconnex.com/CWR-removal-rootsafe.zip (credit does not go to me, but I am not sure who made it)

Put it on the SD card and run it like you did the kernel upgrade. Reboot and CWM will be gone and you should boot normally (although it took a few extra minutes for me to boot).

Apparently it happens due to a combination of 1.1 + autonooter + user error. Rebooting the nook after flashing CWM seems to be the important step that when missed causes this issue.

I don't know if this forum has a policy regarding linking to competing forums, but here is the thread at androidtablets that helped me solve the problem: (How To) Installing/Using ClockworkMod, Rom manager, nandroid backup, custom kernels

Nice, this just opened a whole new can of whoop-a$$ on my Nook! Can't wait to get home and decimate the thing! :D

Hextall

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Just for clarification... If I used the CWR removal zip because I was in the CWR boot loop...

Now I can flash CWR from rom manager again, then close rom manager, reboot the nook, then reboot into recovery (via rom manager)... do whatever I want to do in CWR, then reboot system, and I'm not in the CWR boot loop?

This is pretty awesome.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
same issue few days ago.
It happened to me after I installed CWR 3.0.0.5 via Rom Manager when I was running CM7

I believe that it's got something to do with the CM7 being an EXT4 Rom but CWR 3.0.0.5 no supporting that? maybe?
CWR 3.0.0.6 works though, the CM7 thread has info on that.

mjbelknap

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
same issue few days ago.
It happened to me after I installed CWR 3.0.0.5 via Rom Manager when I was running CM7

I believe that it's got something to do with the CM7 being an EXT4 Rom but CWR 3.0.0.5 no supporting that? maybe?
CWR 3.0.0.6 works though, the CM7 thread has info on that.

CWR 3.0.0.5 does support EXT4, it's the version I run on my rooted Epic. It's because of the 1.1 base that you're CM7 is running off of on the nook. Quite the pain, but when you screw things up and then find the fix, you learn from your mistakes and don't freak out as much next time. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc