Auto Nooter 3 Questuion

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had two failed attempts at using Auto Nooter 3 over the last few days. My NC was on 1.0.1 out of the box. Then, after using it a day or so, I updated it to 1.1.0. I did not Wipe it before updating to 1.1.0. I then tried Auto Nooter 3. The NC never booted, and after removing the PC, it would not turn on. If I waited overnight, the NC finally would turn on and be back at 1.1.0. This happened twice!

I have re-read the instructions and they say: If you want to update to 1.1.0 and then root it Auto Nooter, first you have to Completely Wipe, if it is not a out-of-box NOOKColor and then Update your NC to 1.1.0.

This is confusing, Do you wipe before updating to 1.1.0, or, do you wipe before using Auto Nooter 3???

On both attempts, I didn't wipe. What happens if you don't wipe first?

How do you wipe?

Flipflargin

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I just used auto nooter 3.0 successfully to root. I did not wipe the nook before the procedure.
Did you verify the .img file was good by checking the MD5 value?
What speed rating is your microSD card (class)?
I would recommend trying a different card (mine was a 4gb class 4).

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. Mine is a 4GB Class 4 cars as well.

How long did it take to re-boot? I had a black screen and waited for 10 minutes each time before removing from the PC.

2andFro

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The complete wipe would get you to out of the box 1.0, then you would apply the 1.1 update. You do the complete wipe after your 8 failed boots. After shutting down, hold the power and n; it will ask you if you want to do a factory reset.

Did you cancel through the searching for drivers question on your PC?

Last edited:

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I never got a searching for drivers question on the PC.

Someone else suggested I plug the NC into the wall charger, not the PC, the let Autonooter do it's thing. Ever heard of that??

2andFro

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I never got a searching for drivers question on the PC.

Someone else suggested I plug the NC into the wall charger, not the PC, the let Autonooter do it's thing. Ever heard of that??

I've never done it that way, but should do the same process of starting the NC to boot.

You should check the image you burned to the SD card to make sure it is correct.

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My NOOK is booting v 1.1.0 right now.

Ok, I am going to try auto nooter 3 one more time this afternoon around 3pm.
This time I will write image to card using winimage 8.1 NOT 8.5. I've seen where 8.5 on xp pro might cause a problem.
I will make sure my NC is at 100% charge.
I will wait at least 30 minutes before disconnecting from the PC.
I will let you know the results later today.

Any other last minute suggestions?

miata492

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been having trouble running autonooter also. I am on 1.1.0 and have followed the directions to the letter and after doing everything I her stuck in a boot loop where the android to it keeps re-animating. I then have to do the 8 failed boots and a reset to get back to a usable state. I am now gonna just try to load froyo or honeycomb on my SD card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2andFro

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been having trouble running autonooter also. I am on 1.1.0 and have followed the directions to the letter and after doing everything I her stuck in a boot loop where the android to it keeps re-animating. I then have to do the 8 failed boots and a reset to get back to a usable state. I am now gonna just try to load froyo or honeycomb on my SD card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Did you let the SD card completely load and power on by itself? I had the same boot-loop problem when I got impatient and powered on before the SD card load had completed.

Flipflargin

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. Mine is a 4GB Class 4 cars as well.

How long did it take to re-boot? I had a black screen and waited for 10 minutes each time before removing from the PC.
It rebooted by itself while plugged in (I don't remember time, 10-15min maybe). I unplugged it after reboot started.
I did this on a Windows 7 PC (if that makes any diff).

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions to a T. I even downloaded a new Autonooter 3 file. After writing to the card, I was able to view it and saw the 4 files and file sizes...very similar to those show in the instructions. I inserted the card in the NC, plugged it into the PC, .......black screen. I waited 30 minutes, but it never booted. I disconnected and removed the sd card. The NC would not turn on..........again. Failure # 3.

With the card out, I plugged it in to the PC again, and to my surprise, it turned on. It was still at v 1.1.0.

I transferred some mp3's, and all is good. I'm at a loss to know what to do next. I feel sure there is a problem with the sd card or the sd card slot. Since I am within 14 days of purchase, I think I will take it back to B&N, and try to exchange it for another new one.

2andFro

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I followed the instructions to a T. I even downloaded a new Autonooter 3 file. After writing to the card, I was able to view it and saw the 4 files and file sizes...very similar to those show in the instructions. I inserted the card in the NC, plugged it into the PC, .......black screen. I waited 30 minutes, but it never booted. I disconnected and removed the sd card. The NC would not turn on..........again. Failure # 3.

With the card out, I plugged it in to the PC again, and to my surprise, it turned on. It was still at v 1.1.0.

I transferred some mp3's, and all is good. I'm at a loss to know what to do next. I feel sure there is a problem with the sd card or the sd card slot. Since I am within 14 days of purchase, I think I will take it back to B&N, and try to exchange it for another new one.

Give the Monster RootPack a try: [RECOVERY] Monster RootPack 0.7 / Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 SD (1.1 Compatible!) - xda-developers. It skips the plugging into PC part. If that doesn't work then there is definitely something wrong with your SD slot or card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20