New Nook Rooted within first 30 Minutes of Purchase...

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm an Evo Guy... got the nook because I needed something new to play with and well I read quite a bit now a days...

Can anyone explain to me Why the Darn Youtube App doesnt work though?

Worked Great the first time now it wont even open

total fail there

And honestly how good is Froyo Nookie?

I saw alot of bugs and Quirks is it even worth the time to do it?

Reactions: dwallom

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm an Evo Guy... got the nook because I needed something new to play with and well I read quite a bit now a days...

Can anyone explain to me Why the Darn Youtube App doesnt work though?

Worked Great the first time now it wont even open

total fail there

And honestly how good is Froyo Nookie?

I saw alot of bugs and Quirks is it even worth the time to do it?

I like HC on my nook, better the Froyo. Froyo is like having a big phone.

I read the reason why youtube doesnt work on HC is because of the graphics redering in HC. The youtube, gmail and the other apps demo in the google event are not release yet. Im sure once the Xoom is out we will get a more stable Apps.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I like HC on my nook, better the Froyo. Froyo is like having a big phone.

I read the reason why youtube doesnt work on HC is because of the graphics redering in HC. The youtube, gmail and the other apps demo in the google event are not release yet. Im sure once the Xoom is out we will get a more stable Apps.

Im not on HC Im still on 2.1

Thats the only Real Glitch I see...

Im Running ADW on it works amazing

but I want Youtube working... I might need to get my Dev Buddies to work on it if theres no one that knows whats wrong with it

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Im not on HC Im still on 2.1

Thats the only Real Glitch I see...

Im Running ADW on it works amazing

but I want Youtube working... I might need to get my Dev Buddies to work on it if theres no one that knows whats wrong with it

Im not sure if anyone is working on it. My feeling is that a lot of devs are waiting for the official HC to come out.

The good thing about installing HC on the sd, you can always take the sd card out. HC shows a lot of promise, hopefully is coming out soon.

lehons

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There's a thread somewhere on how to get the Youtube HD for Evo app running on rooted stock NC. I had that going before moving on to Froyo, and it worked perfectly, very high quality video.
Search for that.

Reactions: dwallom and d3xn2o

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There's a thread somewhere on how to get the Youtube HD for Evo app running on rooted stock NC. I had that going before moving on to Froyo, and it worked perfectly, very high quality video.
Search for that.

Thx thats the kinda info I needed...

I didnt Care for HC too much it was buggy

justin926

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
if you back up youtube in astro, uninstall, then reinstall it, it should work. i had this problem, and my cousin did, and this fixed it on both of our devices