Stuck in CWR

Kaitian

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have no clue what I just did. I wanted to try to upgrade to Honeycomb but since this was my first time, I must have formatted the partition or something on the SDcard. So I'm kind of panicking right now and doing everything wrong. I really need to get out of ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5 I'm trying so hard to find any solution to get out of it and get back into normal mode. I was using 1.1.0 rooted with the auto-nooter 3.0. Rebooting the device does nothing and just kicks me back into CMR.

I've tried holding down the power button and home button for more than 20 seconds but that program still boots up into that.

Please help.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
you could flash Honeycomb preview 4 internal very easily, just download the .zip and put it on the sd card (along with the CWR) and "install update from .zip"

darchenwar44

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
1.1 has issues with CWR. You need to download the 1.0.1 stock zip and start from scratch or you can download one of the ROMs from xda nook forum.

Kaitian

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I figured this out and finally got it to work. I appreciate it. I shouldn't be too hasty next time. I had to calm down after panicking.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I wrestled with this issue too.
it happened after i installed CWR via rom manager which is thought was OK cuz i saw a tweet from CWM team like last week that said it would work...
so for now i'm using a separate recovery sd card
it's a bit of a pain but it works so i'll use that until i find something better.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
hey, how did you get it to work? i'm stuck in CWR also :( i dont know what to do.

go to this stickie:
HOW TO Restore Nook Color to rooted stock

you'll be back to where you were when it was new.

I've had mine stick in CWR 2 or 3 times now trying to get FROYO installed!

There's new instructions in this thread:

Can someone please make Gapps flashable!

Looks like the way to go to me ;-)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
hey, how did you get it to work? i'm stuck in CWR also :( i dont know what to do.

I'm not fully understanding all this yet...only had my NC for 2 days.
Take the below advice with a grain of salt. I'm still new to this device.

Best i can understand you get stuck in CWR when the rom you have installed isn't compatible with the version of CWR.

So CWR 3.0.0.6 is ONLY for EXT4 and the only roms that use that are CM7 (or those based on it) and Honeycomb installed on the eMMC (internal memory)

My guess is that you had an EXT4 rom installed and then opened up Rom Manager and flashed the current version of CWR in Rom Manager which is 3.0.0.5 and only supports EXT2/3.

Reboot and I THINK that'll screw you up...i spent 4 hours fixing mine

this helped me
[RECOVERY][ZIP] Nook Color Restore to stock - xda-developers
you need to create a flashable SD and put one of the 2 zip in method 2 depending on if you want to retain root or not. boot up with the new SD card in and install the zip
that'll remove CWR and you should be good to go

hope that helps!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help! :)
I'm stuck in CWRv3.0.0.5, I had 1.1 rooted, was trying to flash nookie froyo .6.7.
at the moment, i am downloading nook-complete-restore.zip. it's taking a long time to download 160MB lol

So after I get it back to the stock OS, i should just root it with 1.01 firmware and install Rom manager/CWR and then flash it to nookie Froyo. Is that correct?

Sorry, just got my NC yesterday.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help! :)
I'm stuck in CWRv3.0.0.5, I had 1.1 rooted, was trying to flash nookie froyo .6.7.
at the moment, i am downloading nook-complete-restore.zip. it's taking a long time to download 160MB lol

So after I get it back to the stock OS, i should just root it with 1.01 firmware and install Rom manager/CWR and then flash it to nookie Froyo. Is that correct?

Sorry, just got my NC yesterday.

that should work
if you are using Auto-nooter to root make sure you take the 1.1 upgrade first.

also, NC has SD boot priority which means that it will ALWAYS boot off of the SD card if it's bootable
So if the card in the slot has an image on it with CWR it will always boot into CWR.
Just eject the card and try to boot to see if that helps.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
that should work
if you are using Auto-nooter to root make sure you take the 1.1 upgrade first.

also, NC has SD boot priority which means that it will ALWAYS boot off of the SD card if it's bootable
So if the card in the slot has an image on it with CWR it will always boot into CWR.
Just eject the card and try to boot to see if that helps.

I thought CWR v3.0.0.5 is incompatible with firmware 1.1. is there a way to download an older version of CWR in Rom manager? I didn't play with it much earlier.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought CWR v3.0.0.5 is incompatible with firmware 1.1. is there a way to download an older version of CWR in Rom manager? I didn't play with it much earlier.

I hadn't heard that but it very well could be.
You can flash alternate recoveries, 3.0.0.2 I think, but i'm not sure if that would help at all.

Every problem I have had since Saturday night has been some how related to CWR/Rom Manager. I'm not saying that either are broken at all. It was only released for the Nook like a week ago...I just don't know enough yet to know when I'm doing something wrong.

I know 3.0.0.6 works with CM7 because I am using it. You have to jump through hoops though to get it to run off of eMMC. Works fine running off of the SD card but you just have to swap them when you need to get into recovery. Right now for folks having issues I would suggest just having a separate recovery SD card for when you need it.

In some of my trials over the last two days I came across 3.0.0.7...which I heard was the new version they are working on. I'm not sure where I found that or what's different about it.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
as of about the 13th it doesn't look like CWR is compatible with 1.1...yet...anyway.
1.01 worked fine according to the thread on XDA
good catch theautumnsbest

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
as of about the 13th it doesn't look like CWR is compatible with 1.1...yet...anyway.
1.01 worked fine according to the thread on XDA
good catch theautumnsbest

I got it to work. I followed the instructions to restore to stock OS 1.0.1. After everything's restore to normal, then I added the 0.6.7 Nookie Froyo to the same card (with CWR on it, same one as before). Then I use factory reset in CWR and install/flash with Nookie Froyo. :) it's up and running.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to install google apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance