Honeycomb store not fully functional?

vettypayal623

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I have a nook colour running honeycomb off SD card with market and other gapps installed. The problem is I dont seem to be having all applications in the market, for example I tried searching fro Nook, kindle and twitter applications in the store, but they are not available. does android market has country/territory restrictions? I am accessing it from Sri Lanka. sorry if I sound dumb, am kinda new to Android in general, just switched from Symbian ^3.

mrlingo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
*sigh* im kind of an android newb. I see the steps, but I'm not sure how to maneuver through them. Any help would be appreciated

vettypayal623

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
first of all, you need to have adb, which comes with Android SDK. Using ADB is explained here

then it's better if you could root your honeycomb. Read this thread

then, you need to download Root Explorer from here

you need to fix superuser app in honeycomb to get started with RootExplorer. Guide here

when you have Root Explorer running fine, try the steps suggested in the above post by techh10

All of these guides explain how to push apk files and change permissions. You should be able to do it fine. If you come across any troubles, post it here, I'll try my best to help you out. I'm new to this as well, but luckily I come from a Linux background, so things tend to be kinda familiar. Good luck.

Reactions: mrlingo

mrlingo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Much thanks!

I'm surprised that I have to root the Honeycomb though, I guess I just assumed that it would cover that whole process

mrlingo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
first of all, you need to have adb, which comes with Android SDK. Using ADB is explained here

then it's better if you could root your honeycomb. Read this thread

then, you need to download Root Explorer from here

you need to fix superuser app in honeycomb to get started with RootExplorer. Guide here

when you have Root Explorer running fine, try the steps suggested in the above post by techh10

All of these guides explain how to push apk files and change permissions. You should be able to do it fine. If you come across any troubles, post it here, I'll try my best to help you out. I'm new to this as well, but luckily I come from a Linux background, so things tend to be kinda familiar. Good luck.

i'm soooo close, and im sure i hit a newb step, how am I supposed to "fix superuser app in honeycomb"?

I pull up the superuser app but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do from there

*i found out that i may just need to clear the cache for superuser, i'll cry here some more if it doesnt wokr

Last edited:

vettypayal623

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
First download the su file from the link I specified, then try doing these steps on adb

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system

adb shell

cd system/bin

rm su

cd /

cd system/xbin

rm su

exit

and now assuming you have extracted the downloaded su in platform-tools folder of android sdk,

adb push su /system/xbin
adb push su /system/bin
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
adb shell su
adb reboot

now nook will reboot, after it reboots,

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system
adb push <the name of the rootexplorer.apk you downloaded> /system/app
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/app/<the name of the rootexplorer.apk you downloaded>
adb reboot

If everything goes well, you should see Root Explorer in apps menu. Start it, it should ask you for Super User permission. Allow it. you're good to go.

Reactions: mrlingo

mrlingo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Everything went fine on the command prompt side, but i still cant get root explorer to open with superuser access.

I open root explorer and a message comes up saying i dont have root access. superuser access permission doesnt even come up.

mrlingo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
btw, the error message is:

Root Access Failed

Root Access could not be obtained because su failed with the following message:

su: access granted, courtesy of www.magicandroidapps.com

Make sure you granted root permissions when requested by SuperUsers. If you did then try re-booting your device.

Root Explorer will continue in non-root mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37