is there a way to preview pictures??

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, picked up the NC the other day. Got it rooted running stock rom, OC'd to 1000, removed the cell standby to gain some battery life, gots some apps, etc...

So far its a great device just as you guys suggested here on the forum. I do have one question, however, that I'm surprised that I even have to ask.

When going to the NC's library and looking at pictures, is there a way to preview the pictures? I loaded up some .jpg files from some recent hiking trips and I just get some generic icons with the filename below. I have a decent number of pictures so it would be nice to see a preview of the picture. Otherwise, there's no way to tell what the picture is and I'll be damned if I'm clicking through hundreds of pictures just to find one.

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
just go to the market and install a picture viewer app...that should take care of it

force closes. re-installed and still did the same.

also, i wanted to mention that i've tried multiple pic viewer apps and all of them can only view pics on the sd card. i need something that will allow me to view what i load to the nook itself.

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
havent used it much, but the "gallery" app that is installed with autonooter seems to do what you are looking for. not sure if it looks at the card and the internal memory, though. look in extras.

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
havent used it much, but the "gallery" app that is installed with autonooter seems to do what you are looking for. not sure if it looks at the card and the internal memory, though. look in extras.

yes it does indeed show thumbnails of the pictures, but it puts all pictures on the device and sdcard into on giant directory. logically we probably all put related pictures into one folder which is what i did. i labeled each folder with the name of the hike i did. when i view in gallery all of the pictures are just jumbled together with no way to organize. in fact, its not just pictures. it groups movies in the gallery as well.

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
Not sure what's different about your setup (I've got Froyo running off SD), but I've put images into different sub-directories and each directory's pictures show up in their own "folder" in the gallery.

\media\images (23 pictures - shows up as "Images" in gallery)
\media\images\dogs (9 pictures - shows up as "Dogs" in gallery)
\media\images\family (16 pictures - shows up as "Family" in gallery)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1