nook book

ruiza997

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen this but im sure its somewhere I was just at a barnes and noble and saw a book on how to root ur nook by barnes and noble. Any one hear of this and what if anything could this mean about the future of this device any thoughts

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not "from b&n". It's written by some other author (out to make a quick buck apparently). B&N does seemingly condones rooting and hacking (hey, it's the reason why the device sells) otherwise they could easily prevent rooting.

artcwolf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
When i was looking at the NC the employees told me about rooting it and that there was a youtube video and such. they know customers who have rooted it and love it and so forth, and they weren't doing it in hush tones either.

ruiza997

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It's not "from b&n". It's written by some other author (out to make a quick buck apparently). B&N does seemingly condones rooting and hacking (hey, it's the reason why the device sells) otherwise they could easily prevent rooting.

Not trying to be a smartass but the book cover i saw said by b&n and they had it on display next to there nc

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
funny... I think the percentage of people who will have the nerve to root is fairly small, and those of us who do would buy something else if we couldn't make the nookcolor into a great android tablet by rooting, so they can't lose!

jeregano

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah when my wife and I bought ours a couple of weeks ago the guy behind the counter told her, after she told him we were rooting them, that he certainly supports that because he knew people who had and loved them.

B&N knows it is selling to rooters at a high volume I imagine and they see those $$$. For me and my wife it is just stock rooted, and so the result is we have a tablet we like and she has a digital subscription to National Geographic because we actually like the B&N Nook functions built into it! We get what we want and still give B&N what they wanted out of the deal, and I think a lot of "novice rooters" like us are doing the exact same thing, really.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah when my wife and I bought ours a couple of weeks ago the guy behind the counter told her, after she told him we were rooting them, that he certainly supports that because he knew people who had and loved them.

B&N knows it is selling to rooters at a high volume I imagine and they see those $$$. For me and my wife it is just stock rooted, and so the result is we have a tablet we like and she has a digital subscription to National Geographic because we actually like the B&N Nook functions built into it! We get what we want and still give B&N what they wanted out of the deal, and I think a lot of "novice rooters" like us are doing the exact same thing, really.

I'm running Stock Rooted ROM, cause I love to use it as an eReader, as well as being able to do the tablet stuff..
I have to order one on ebay for the wife now.