Battery Life on Nook running CM7?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to modify the settings to improve battery life? There a tips and tricks stockier a while back for nookie froyo that deleted all the phone stuff. That greatly improved battery life with nookie froyo.Anyone know if that can be done with CM7?

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Running stable CM7 I guess I can get 6 hours of use out of it. I have yet to run a video on loop to get an actual number yet. Standby is good also, I'm usually at 40% at the end of the day of moderate use.

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I get around 3-4 hours of limited use between charges.
Battery stats show the Android OS taking up sot of the power.
Anyone know of a solution?
I love the CM7, I wish there was a way to make the battery last longer.

anachrion

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
From what I gather, the current kernal for the stable build has some standby power issues. My cm7 nook drains about 1% of battery per hour on standby. There is a new kernal available in beta form that apparently solves this issue. If you're not adventurous, I would wait for the next stable build of cm7 which should have the fix built in.

G-Man2879

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have CM7 on an sd and found the same issue, uses a lot of juice. I downloaded an app called Advanced Task Killer (free version). I open it very so often and it provides a list of apps that are using power. You can turn them off and save that power if you are done with the app. Easy to use and it has helped prolong battery life for me. There are several apps for extending battery life, search the market and see what pops up, try a few and find one that works for you. I tried a couple but stuck with task killer.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
From what I gather, the current kernal for the stable build has some standby power issues. My cm7 nook drains about 1% of battery per hour on standby. There is a new kernal available in beta form that apparently solves this issue. If you're not adventurous, I would wait for the next stable build of cm7 which should have the fix built in.

I seem to recall the battery drain being improved in the CM7 nightly 76 build (or one around there). I'm using nightly 87 and it's working great. Averaging a day to a day and a half with use, and so far it's been totally stable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37