Honeycomb with Market, apps won't download

bseblman

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't for the life of me get any apps to download from the Market. It gets to the point where it says Starting Download, but it never progresses from there. Before I was able to get Market on the NC, I sideloaded a couple apps, including Angry Birds Seasons, and I could see the progress of downloading on the bottom of the screen. It doesn't do that with any apps I've tried to download from the market. Is there anyone out there with any suggestions to fix this issue? I've tried clearing cache on Market (can't clear data for some reason) and clearing cache/data on Google Service Framework, turning NC off & back on, then trying to download something, and it didn't work. Help please!! Thanks!!

Also, Honeycomb/Market are run from a microsd card in the NC if that makes any difference.

hrnzir

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem when running HC from my SD card ..(possibly due to space limitations , and as soon as i flashed HC to internal memory it downloads everything just fine ,

im thinking it may have something to do with the limited size of the sd card

bseblman

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem when running HC from my SD card ..(possibly due to space limitations , and as soon as i flashed HC to internal memory it downloads everything just fine ,

im thinking it may have something to do with the limited size of the sd card

I'm trying not to run HC internally for now, and I have heard of others being successful with apps downloading with the sd card option. Would like to keep the actual functionality of the NC just in case I want to get a newspaper or magazine subscription on it (can't do that through just the nook app). I think I may have to just start over and try another person's way of getting market/gmail/yahoo on there. The instructions I followed didn't have yahoo on it. Seems that is a step (signing in with gmail) that helps the nook correctly connect with market, so guess I gotta do what I gotta do. Won't be too bad this time though as the hardest part was getting adb to recognize the device. Found a way to do that easy now.

bcr123

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Apps from the Amazon app store download and install, prior to adding the market I could load apps using the web browser but I wanted the market.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
More info please! What version of CM7 are you running or are you running a rooted stock ROM? Are you running it from the internal memory or the SD card?

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm running honeycomb from the sd card. The build is rbrune.20110131.162619

And there is your problem... Switch to CM7. Honeycomb is complete crap.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

bcr123

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
While possibly correct your answer is also not helpful. Did you read a thread titled "honeycomb with market..." just so you could bash honeycomb?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
While possibly correct your answer is also not helpful. Did you read a thread titled "honeycomb with market..." just so you could bash honeycomb?

Let me be more specific..... HONEYCOMB WILL NEVER WORK ON THE NOOK COLOR!

Seriously, the source code was never released so you will never have a full working version. Use CM7 or wait until the source code for Icecream Sandwich is released in maybe 6+ months.

Frankly, I do not respond at all to the general Honeycomb thread in the sticky at the top of the page for the reason you mentioned, ie; bashing.......

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I was giving information on how to fix your problem. Honeycomb will not EVER work correctly. Google will not release the source and what you are using a buggy SDK port with tons of missing drivers. It will never get better. Yes I may be "bashing" honeycomb but everything I am saying is correct.

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

zanatos2003

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem here and eventually gave up on searching Google... (A guy does have to sleep once in a while, you know...) but I did find a separate solution. As for app downloading, use Amazon's store. It DOES work with Honeynook. For anything else, google Sideload Wonder Machine and search for the .apk files you are wanting to get from the Android Market. Use SWM and be happy!

yer welcome. ^_^

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess the next question then is how can one get tablet based apps to work on CM7? They refuse will not install.
The nook is a tablet. It should function like a tablet.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I guess the next question then is how can one get tablet based apps to work on CM7? They refuse will not install.
The nook is a tablet. It should function like a tablet.

Honeycomb apps do not work with CM AKA gingerbread. They will work with ICS when it gets ported.

About the Nook being a tablet. It is an E-READER not a tablet. It was never made to do the things it does and you should have known that before buying.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
A polite answer would have stopped after the first paragraph.

I suppose that is true, but there are so many posts in the forum about things people should have known or anticipated that after a while if you are active here in trying to help you lose a little patience. Don't take it personally. I am guilty of same. :)

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I suppose that is true, but there are so many posts in the forum about things people should have known or anticipated that after a while if you are active here in trying to help you lose a little patience. Don't take it personally. I am guilty of same. :)

Interestingly I had no thought of trying to use the Nook as a tablet until I came here where this forum is categorized under "Android Tablets" :). In fact I keep the Android side of things on the SD card so I can switch back and forth.

Even unhacked, the Nook came up to the top of the heap as ereaders go. Being able to go full Android is simply an unexpected extra.

I have a second SD card with Honeycomb on it and tried to go back in order to utilize the tablet features. But its slow and klunky to the point I'm not sure I'd even like it on an actual stock from the factory Android tablet.

For the most part, with CM7 actually performs quite well in this respect. It just takes a little work to put it all together.

And respectful tones make for a much more productive knowledge transfer environment :).