"Standing" case and screen protector recommendation

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got a Nook Color and looking for screen protector and "standing" case. Anyone have any recommendation?

I used to own an iPad and I use screen protector from PowerSupport, which is Made in Japan and is of high quality. I can use it for months and there is no scratches. However, they don't sell one for Nook Color.

One case that looks interesting is this ONE (click), but this seems to be thick. Pic is shown below.

41%2BcZ2Gpf6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41OazvOWpGL._AA300_.jpg

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
On a case that covers the screen, probably not. If you get an open screen case, I'd use a protector. I don't think this screen is even glass.

As for the case, I ordered that exact one, should be here by Tuesday. I can give my impressions then if nobody else has by then.

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I need a screen protector because I do NOT want to scratch the screen. Even with the case that cover the screen, it can still get scratched, mainly when you try to clean the screen from fingerprint oil.

I have had touch screen devices since the day of Windows CE and no matter how careful I am, the screen CAN still get scratched. So with screen protector it's a peace of mind for, what...$5?

The thing though, some cheap screen protector is so badly made that after a few months use, it's all scratched up. The brand I mentioned above, PowerSupport, is really good and have had used it for iPad and iPhone for close to a year and no scratches at all. Since PowerSupport doesn't make screen protector for the NC, that's why I am asking for recommendation.

PS: I do NOT need an anti-glare screen protector.

surfmly29

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I am also looking for a case/stand that actually can 'stand up' the Nook in landscape mode. Mainly looking to have this for watching movies on plane flights. When reading I can hold it (have to keep touching it to flip pages anyway), but for movie watching a landscape stand is ideal.

Sounds like manufacturers are going to start bring more options to the market soon, so if anyone sees one please post here so we can keep an eye out. I am holding off for now until a good one comes to market.

surfmly29

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Just found this.... it is a stand only, but interesting in case anyone was interested. Since I wouldn't need the 'stand' part of a case very often this may actually work (i.e. would only need to keep it in my backpack to use on flights/travel). It doesn't say it is for the NC, but look at the user uploaded photos. There is a NC pictured.

Amazon.com: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book: Electronics

EDIT:
Just found this case/stand as well. Looks a bit bulky but thought I would share the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Tri-...tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU713101

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I bought a nice case at Best Buy for mine. It was the only one of two they had.

I was unsure at first and while it is not leather or swede it has a similar "book" look and feel to it. It is not bulky and I can easily open it and flip the cover to the back so it is out of the way, like you do with a magazine.

The cover is stiff and I can also put it in the position that it acts like a stand as long as it is not a very slippery surface. It seems to hold well once you get it into position.

I will check the package and let you know what model it is etc.. It was $40 (it is $30 online below) but it was worth it.
EDIT: Okay it is made by barns and Noble. This is it.
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Industriell-Cover-in-Storm/e/9781616813833/?cds2Pid=36174

I am VERY happy with this case.

Last edited:

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
dammit, the case in your second link is the one i was looking at a few weeks ago, but it wasn't available on amazon. it was only available via the manufacturer site and it was the the full leather version which is like $70 so i said screw it. ended up buying just a regular case. that akron stand looks appealing though and i could use it with the case i already have.

Just found this.... it is a stand only, but interesting in case anyone was interested. Since I wouldn't need the 'stand' part of a case very often this may actually work (i.e. would only need to keep it in my backpack to use on flights/travel). It doesn't say it is for the NC, but look at the user uploaded photos. There is a NC pictured.

Amazon.com: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book: Electronics

EDIT:
Just found this case/stand as well. Looks a bit bulky but thought I would share the link:
Amazon.com: Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis 'Veggie' Faux Leather Case Cover For Barnes & Noble Nook Color - Black: Electronics

jyams

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the crystal clear screen protector from BoxWave Accessories - iPad accessories, iPad cases, iPhone, Kindle, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More. It gives maximum protection yet is so clear it's difficult to tell you have a protector on the screen. Very easy to install without bubbles, etc.

barnesnnoble_nookcolor_cleartouch_cc_lg.jpg

For a cover / stand, I use the B&N Industriell Easel. I take my Nook to lunch everyday to read articles and this stand works great. It only props up in "portrait" mode, but that's how I read articles anyway.

82357108.JPG

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So I have had the roo multicase for a few days now. It's not bad, but it's not that great either. When standing, it seems a bit more wobbly than I would like, and it's crazy thick. All closed up, the nook in case is almost 4 times thicker than the nook out of it. I might go with the boxwave if I could do it all again. Still, the case is definitely nice enough to keep.